Thread: ls9 swap with a 5.3 program

ls9 swap with a 5.3 program

I have a ls9 supercharger on a ly6 swap in a colorado truck and was wondering if it would be easier to program it as a 5.3 with a aftermarket supercharger since some colorados have the 5.3/e67 set up . This way all the factory gauges will work and all the other added sensors would then become use less and have less gremlins to deal with. Would this eliminate the need for the Fmcu and be able to go with a single corvette filter/reguator at 58 psi as well? That being said, is there anyone who wants to try and tackle this tune so I can get it going ($$$)? My brain is fried thinking about it and working on it.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by v8s10s View Post
    ... Would this eliminate the need for the Fmcu and be able to go with a single corvette filter/reguator at 58 psi as well? ...
    The LSA / LS9 can operate in a custom vehicle without the FPCM / FSCM. The base fuel pressure should be set to 65 PSI, and a boost referenced fuel pressure regulator capable of increasing the fuel pressure to at least 78 PSI (87 PSI is optimal) should to be used. At minimum the fuel pump should be capable of outputting 65 gallons/hour at 65 PSI.

Advanced Tuner
    You can run it as you describe, even with 58psi. But without the ability to raise fuel pressure like the ZR1 does, your pump and injectors will have to be capable of flowing enough. The stock ZR1 injectors won't cut it in this case.

Advanced Tuner
    To run the fuel system at a constant 58 PSI would require an injector upgrade.

My comments in post #2 will allow the use of the OEM LSA / LS9 injectors.

Then which would be easier/ more reliable to tune ? Swap injectors or boost referenced adjustable regulator? (I ordered a regulator anyway just to have the adjustability ) Fuel pump is 300lph. And if injectors ? What will work?

Advanced Tuner
    That pump may do it with a boost reference regulator and return line. Going to higher flow injectors would be easier to do though. Especially when you consider how you are going to add the return line to the existing fuel hat.

Edit- just re-read your post. If your already gonna add a regulator, put a wideband on it and see if that pump will get you by. Worst case, you find that at the elevated pressure level the pump can't keep up (fuel pump flow falls with higher pressures). Then go to bigger injectors, lower fuel pressure and call it a day.

Biggest issue right now is getting it to start . It acts like there's not enough pressure . At 60+ psi cranking it occasionally spits like it wants to start but won't.

Advanced Tuner
    On the truck pcm?? Post your tune