Thread: LSJ E85 gas mileage woes..

Tuner in Training

LSJ E85 gas mileage woes..

This is a cross-post from RLF. Hoping to get a little insight from here. I am new to tuning and this is my first post here so go easy.. =)

So I recently made the switch to E85(winter blend of 75%) and I am getting some horrible gas mileage. I started with a base E85 tune from ZZP and dialed everything in from there. I got sick of it and added about 30% dino gas to help with the mileage and retuned the MAF with the new stoich but my mileage is still terrible. I'm getting about 100 miles from 8 gallons of fuel. That's approximately 160 miles to a full tank. I've been reading around and most people are getting about 200 miles or slightly more to a full tank. My MAF is dialed in pretty well and on the last log I took with the fuel trims enabled LTFT was at between 0 and -1.8. What am I missing? Most of this driving has been very short trips from home to school and back. Also, I feel like I'm losing the most fuel starting the car. I swear every time I start the car I can see the needle drop. Anyone have any insight? I've attached my tune but unfortunately I didn't save the last log I ran with the trims enabled. Also everyone talks about how hard the car pulls on corn but I'm just not feeling that. With my 2.85" pulley I'm seeing anywhere from 16-17.5psi and I'm pretty sure the tune is running a full 25* of timing. Maybe I'm expecting too much... I haven't made any changes to the timing tables in the tune ZZP sent me so what you see in the tune is how I received it. This is also a MAF only tune, VE is disabled.

2004 ION Redline

My mods are: 2.85" pulley, LT header/DP, 60lb injectors. I'm also using an LC-2 wideband for tuning.

Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    I have attached the last log file I have for this tune. It includes 1 WOT pull in second gear. I believe it has the lean spike because my IDC is almost 120% at 7500 rpm due to the 60lb injectors and the E85. The commanded AFR in this log is 10.8 but this is incorrect as with the ratio of dino/E85 I am running stoich should be 11.9. This has been corrected in the tune but nothing else has been changed.
    Last edited by Jaizero; 11-05-2014 at 02:49 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Here's the config file I've been using

Tuner in Training
    Never mind, I got some help from RLF.

May want to post what you found on here for anyone else searching. People usually don't answer because either they don't have similar setup or haven't experienced the same issue.

i remember my 04 redline, lots of fun in that car.
    2008 Sky RL