Thread: 2012 CTS-V Delayed O2 Sensor response bank 1&2 sensor 1 - P015B & P015D

Potential Tuner

2012 CTS-V Delayed O2 Sensor response bank 1&2 sensor 1 - P015B & P015D

Hopefully someone can help me with this. Ive been trying to get my car ready to pass inspection but have had a check engine light i cant get rid of. Shortly after i installed my headers ive had these related trouble codes P015B & P015D O2 sensor delayed response bank 1 sensor 1 and bank 2 sensor 1. From what ive read these are new codes for the 2012+ models. Also i understand im getting these codes because the O2 sensors are further downstream now. The codes are permanent in the ECU and disabling the PID for the code itself in HPTuners does not remove the code. When a code is permanent the ECU has to see this as fixed to remove the code, a scanner wont remove the permanent codes!

My question is what can i edit in my tune to remedy this?

I have attached my current tune.
    Attached Files Attached Files

The scanner just clears codes, it won't delete them permanently. Set the P015A thru P015D codes to no error reported and uncheck the SES box. And I'm sure you have high flow cats, so set all O2 sensor 2 codes to no reported and uncheck the SES box.

Russ Kemp

Potential Tuner
    Thank you Russ. I have tried turning off the primary O2 dtc's. I dont have a CEL at the moment but the codes I am referring to are stored permanently in the ECU. Id like to know how to change my tune to compensate for the delayed O2 response from adding headers. From what ive read the only way to clear the permanent DTC's is to remedy the problem in the tune or mechanically. I ahvent tried unplugging the battery yet.