Thread: Help with timing, fuel, VE tables

Help with timing, fuel, VE tables

Hello! I have put several hundred miles on the project jeep in the last month. It is running smooth and no error codes or problems. I want to thank Mechanicman for his assistance with my 4L60e issues. I want to start optimizing the tune on the stock 2007 LQ4. I have had several "old school" motors in the past, mostly RB mopars, and have always curved the distributor and could tune the carb, etc. I assume a stock LQ4 will respond similarly to timing and fuel adjustments, etc. I used to end up with around 18-20 initial and no more than 36 total timing and it was all in by 3,000 rpm. I have looked in the tuning repository for some tunes that are proven, but didn't see anything. I have attached my tune if anyone has some advice before I begin or has a proven tune they care to share.

jeepwith4l60esegswapRevF.hpt

Thanks!
    Jon

Just remember the newer cars have improved overall efficiency so the higher timing advance from the old school ways can be dangerous in newer cars.

In my opinion, you can get the fueling dead on and the timing can float several degrees without really hurting or helping power.
    Sulski Performance Tuning
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB