Thread: explanation of some copperhead maf tables?

explanation of some copperhead maf tables?

I got that rs3 tune and looked it over, I have the tune from procharger and compared them. they changed a lot in the logic for map bp and mapped speed density and the procharger tune just made all bkt tables identical and all mbt identical then maxed wot load and mult and load seen by engine then wot af.
    So does higher inferred map mean rich or lean?
    Same w the bp, does higher numbers mean rich or lean?
    How does the ecu pick which inferred numbers to use?
    Wish ford would stop inferring everything and use a real map sensor and fuel pressure sensor lmao!

what is the quadratic anyway? Why does the speed density have imrc tables when there is no imrc? Btw the 15s have imrc on the 5.0, noticed it at work yesterday.
    is it better to change all the speed density and map and bp or just do what the procharger tune does?
    just trying to figure out if just changing wot multipliers to 1.99 and max loads to 1.7 is better for the procharger set up since the rs3 uses draw thru and my maf is in the ic tank so its blow thru.
    so im just trying to make the best choice for the load, spark and fuel now.

And if everyone can use terms we can understand w out a major in physics lol if thats even possible.
    GOD HELP US ALL....

Potential Tuner
    I am also trying to a tune a 2011 Mustang GT that has a Paxton SC installed. Unfortunately the owner of the car did not get the Paxton tune with the SC kit as the car has many upgrades other than the SC kit. The car was initially tuned by another shop that did very little to upgrade the tune correctly, just let the Wide band o2s do all the work. and dropped the timing.

I was able to change a lot of the load setting with HP tuner, I then used the speed density IMRC slope tables to correct the 18:1 AFR's above 5000 RPM with the o2s turned off. I have had good results fine tuning the fuel with speed density and MAF function to get the fuel trim accurate and stable.

I have run into another issue now, I am unable to getting the timing to change using the spark advance tables. I have my borderline knock and MTB spark tables between 11 and 15 degrees of timing but I am only able to get the total timing up to 9 degrees reading it with my Snap-on Solus scanner.

Anybody know why the total timing would not be responding?

Advanced Tuner
    IAT and/or ECT compensation

So you turn the widebands off to adjust the maf slopes? And why would it be 18:1? Or did you mean 14:1?
    GOD HELP US ALL....

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by kaineoutlaw View Post
    So you turn the widebands off to adjust the maf slopes? And why would it be 18:1? Or did you mean 14:1?
    I turned the O2s off to get a true AFR baseline on the engine, only running from the tables. The AFR's got drastically lean once the boost started kicking in as the last person to tune the car adjusted nothing for the blower, it was basically running a stock engine tune without timing.

With the 02s on the problem was masked as the ECU correcting the AFR's, the performance in 1 st and 2nd was crap as the ECU could not correct fast enough and the short term trims really did not show the issue well. Turning the 02s off let me see the supper lean WOT condition above 5000 RPM the was causing a a lean stumble. With the fuel corrected the cars low end performance is so much better as well as the top end. Car would not break the tires loose before, much worse than it was stock.

I also remapped the load values on all the tables that I could for a max 1.7 instead of 1.0. In my case reducing the speed density IMRC slope table number from 3500 and up added fuel. This fixed the fuel map and gives me a clean 12.5 AFR when the car is not under boost and 11.5 under boost all the way to 7000 RPM on the dyno. For WOT and 8 PSI boost this is where I want to start with the fuel numbers.

I then turned the 02s back on and and tuned the MAF transfer for all cruising and part throttle, using the AFR's with the short and long terms to adjust as needed.

Still working on the timing issues as the car should be making 100 HP more at the wheels, but I know that is due to the timing being at 9 degrees or below.

that helps a lot, I never tried that because I wasn't sure how to adjust any of the slopes. what did you do to turn the front o2s off? I don't want to do it wrong and skew everything. did the factory wideband still read on the display or did they stop showing a reading w them off? I don't have a aftermarket wideband, the one that we use on the dyno wont clamp on my tailpipes since someone broke the freakn mount for it.
    on your timing do they have the cylinder pressre limit lowered, theres a pressure limit modifier vs rpm vs load. is the mbt lower than bkt in any high loads? I think it used whichever is the lowest after all the adders and multipliers but not positive. I noticed on a few tunes ppl lowered the iat and coolant spark adders also to lower spark

so i still have yet to here of what the quadratic term and why theres imrc slopes in the speed density when theres no imrc to start w. also what the inverse tq tables are/do. i believe they are areas populated w load but whats their purpose in all of this? maybe Eric will be able to fill us in on this stuff. the speed density is detrimental to af and load, so id like to actually understand it rather than guess lol
    GOD HELP US ALL....