Thread: Malibu/ATS LTG 2.0 Tuning

Potential Tuner

Malibu/ATS LTG 2.0 Tuning

Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone has tuned a Malibu with the 2.0l LTG turbo in it yet?

If so what were the results? Difficulties? Transmission issues?

I have a 2014 Malibu and would love to get a tune to open up the hidden power in my grandpa mobile

Thanks

Tuner in Training
    hi bro i have a malibu 2014 but i need file tuned because my tune dont make power

Tuner in Training
    I tried tuning my 13 malibu , zeroed all the timing adders so I can only just go by the main high octane tables, but it seemed to perform poorly even though I richened it more cuz I saw knock retard. At only 2*.....so I put it back to stock including the adders and the PE enrichment, just left the shift firmness edited with trq management removed, and runs better. Though I don't get why I would get knock retard at 2* only with more fuel, than stock enabling 5-6* and leaner and hardly any knock.

Maybe someone could chime in on this.....I'd really like to mess with it more.

Tuner in Training
    Also track times were stock tune [email protected], and with the trq management and shift edits and also added the 20s from Camaro ran [email protected].

So I think it did help a few considering it trapped better with the 20s on.

Read up on LNF threads. DI is not port injection. You don't run it 11:1 or pull timing to reduce kr. You ADD timing, smooth tables, and learn to recognize real from false kr. That is extremely oversimplified explanation. These are very hard to tune without reading first. Many tables are interrelated. Guess and check is not safe with these like it was with an LS.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by codename Bil Doe View Post
    Read up on LNF threads. DI is not port injection. You don't run it 11:1 or pull timing to reduce kr. You ADD timing, smooth tables, and learn to recognize real from false kr. That is extremely oversimplified explanation. These are very hard to tune without reading first. Many tables are interrelated. Guess and check is not safe with these like it was with an LS.
    Yea, I was all confused with it, and I also do log and check carefully and instantly before doing a long test run. I'm a search on those threads, thanks.

It's the theory of what a pid controller does that's most important to learn. That's what you need to apply to your ecu. Also will help with understanding of how the tables are interrelated. Check out Cruze and Sonic turbo threads as well.