Thread: Can you switch between pro and standard and keep your account?

Tuner in Training

Can you switch between pro and standard and keep your account?

I just purchased a used standard hptuners. ( i havent registered yet.
    If I use that and register online. then later sell it and pick up pro unit would I be able to keep my account (since it logs serial # i take it?) or will my account be disabled and i would have to resign in using the pro serial #?

also just to double check. credit is credit between the two interface right? what i mean is if I licence a pcm using standard, would I have to re licence to get access to pro "perks" or is the "perks" interface related?

thanks

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by tuned2boost View Post
    I just purchased a used standard hptuners. ( i havent registered yet.
    If I use that and register online. then later sell it and pick up pro unit would I be able to keep my account (since it logs serial # i take it?) or will my account be disabled and i would have to resign in using the pro serial #?

also just to double check. credit is credit between the two interface right? what i mean is if I licence a pcm using standard, would I have to re licence to get access to pro "perks" or is the "perks" interface related?

thanks
    I hope I didnt just make that mistake???? Hope to get a reply from HPT thanks

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    No, the accounts are done via the serial number, you cannot link two serial numbers as one account. Additionally if you purchase credits on one interface they are on THAT interface and not shared between multiple.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"