Thread: 2014 Chevy SS - Magnuson Supercharged - Hard braking engine turns off

Potential Tuner

2014 Chevy SS - Magnuson Supercharged - Hard braking engine turns off

I have never encountered an issue like this before. The car is a 2014 Chevy SS with a Magnuson supercharger, 60lb fuel injectors, headers, high flow cats and exhaust. Other than that it is stock.

Before I tuned the car. The tcm bricked during a flash. Towed the car to Chevy. They replaced the tcm. Since then I have not attempted a tcm reflash.

I'm using HPT Beta 2.25.1199. Car starts, idles, drives and boosts awesome! LTFT are +/-4%. I have tried idling it from 625rpm - 825rpm. I have tried increasing the Airflow Final Minimum, Throttle Follower Torque, Spark Minimum and just about everything else every which way.

Now onto the issue. When I brake hard to very hard the rpm falls very quick and the engine turns off. I got it to a point where it would only turn off while driving the first 30 seconds but in drive off throttle the car would want to drive forward.

I bounced ideas off two other guys who tune HPT on a daily basis. Nothing.

Any thoughts, ideas, insight are much appreciated.
    Last edited by ip-alpha; 10-30-2014 at 06:18 PM.

Slow down the follower rates ?
    2017 Toyota Kluger - 10.1" Android Custom Head Unit, Rockford Fosgate Speakers, 85kg Roof Racks. Prev: 2009 Cammed VE SS Sedan, DOD Delete, 210/218 550', RAMJet OTR, HiFlowCats, IQ System, Amp/Speakers.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyCool View Post
    Slow down the follower rates ?
    Tried that as well. It seems like the throttle closes and never comes back.

Potential Tuner
    I left the idle at 835rpm. 9 out of 10 times it doesn't stall now. Never had to work so hard to get a stock cam auto car to idle decent, lol. Oddly, this is what I ended up with among some other things with the ignition timing. Rock solid idle now.

hptidle1.jpg

hptidle2.jpg