Thread: My hptuner doesnt look the same

Tuner in Training

My hptuner doesnt look the same

Im trying to figure out my idle on my 99 silverado. I installed a tick performance stage 2 turbo cam. Im trying to get it running before I put the turbo on in a few months. The problem is im watching the how to videos and reading how to, but I dont have the same tabs for my HPTUNERS program. I remember when I installed the program it ask beginner or advanced, I chose beginner. How do I change it now.

Tuner
    Look on the Menu - Edit - View - set the mark to 'advanced'
    ____DH INDIVIDUAL____
    Hemi & LS Tuning in Europe
    www.dh-individual.com

Tuner in Training
    perfect, thanks
    Now to try and get this thing to idle.

Just on a side note here, if you are stilling running the 99 OS it would be wise to upgrade to a 01-02 OS (operating system) to help you out in the future. The 99-00 computers don't have as much in them compared to the 01+, they make it easier.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Just on a side note here, if you are stilling running the 99 OS it would be wise to upgrade to a 01-02 OS (operating system) to help you out in the future. The 99-00 computers don't have as much in them compared to the 01+, they make it easier.
    I've been considering doing this or going straight to a 1 Bar MAP Enhanced OS for my 2000 Sierra with 347 Ls1 swap. Will I still have the same VIN # on the PCM for getting through CA smog?

What are the differences between upgrading to say a '01+ OS versus the 1 Bar Enhanced?? or is it possible to do both?

I know that I NEED to be able to pass smog, so keeping the same VIN # is essential.
    and I know that I want to have the ability to use the RTT feature in the scanner...
    I know that there are other differences like dual Fan control options and getting rid of the secondary VE tables as well...

(seems like I pretty much answered my own question.. haha.) but some more clarification would be nice.