Thread: Bone stock Silverado SS doesn't like any timing?

Advanced Tuner

Bone stock Silverado SS doesn't like any timing?

My friend just purchased a bone stock 2004 awd Silverado SS. I notice the factory ignition tables have no spark advance and it didn't even like adding 2* at all. Is this common for the Lq9? Only thing I tried was what Russ K suggested in someone else's post when searching around about the SS. Is there much that can be changed on the Factory setup for any more power. I'm not throwing my wideband on his truck. Maybe is the PE Afr set really rich from factory and can lean it out a tad or vise versa?

"Get your shift pressures set up for a firm shift BEFORE removing the torque management! Then if your truck has the 4L80E, you can zero the trans upshift torque reduction and disable the trans abuse. If your tuning a Silverado SS with the 4L60E, just reduce the upshift torque management by 50%, unless you have the Corvette 2-4 servo installed.

On the 6L trucks, the PE is always delayed till ~5200 rpm. Change the delay to 0 rpm, the enable torque to 0% and set the enrichment rate to 4.

Russ Kemp"
    04 Single cab Lq4/243 228r 112lsa, Long tubes, catless, Yank st3000.

Look at your PE spark adder table. These trucks take no more than 24* WOT timing with 91 octane fuel. And I usually set the WOT timing to 22*. And you really need to tune the WOT fueling with a wideband.

Russ Kemp

Advanced Tuner
    I've looked around and don't particularly see a PE Spark adder table but after you mentioning it I can tell the Main Spark advance tables are being multiplied. After logging the truck can see its running right at 23-24*. Don't really plan to make any fuel changes on it. Just curious cause like my old LT1 they ran really lean and copying the fuel from a popular tune made a nice difference. But this one will stay stock till he mods it

Advanced Tuner
    Lq9 dont like more than 24 degrees of timing from previous experiences.

Advanced Tuner
    I left the engine fuel and spark as is till he gets some mods. All I changed was torque management.