Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: LNF Optimum Spark Table help

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyS View Post
    Agreed. Might be time to do what Bill suggested as there could be something corrupt in your file that is causing the issue. Do you not have a full read of your stock ECM or was the car tuned before you got it? Are you running straight E85 or a blend?
    It's full E85 (E70, I am assuming, for winter blend but have not tested it). This has no bearing on it since it was doing it since I was on 93.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by codename Bil Doe View Post
    I was going to create another short thread about this. The LNF ecu picks up and learns bad habits VERY quickly in areas we have no control over. It's an intelligent ecu but will bandaid major changes or issues with funky results that can't be unlearned.
    I did do a write entire with existing tune, that did not help. I would assume if it was a bad habit learned by the ECU since I have been tuning it, that would take care of it. Unfortunately, I don't have the OEM base tune for the car, I had to yank one from the repository since the car was tuned by Trifecta when I bought it. That's part of why I am hesitant to license another base tune, since I think there is only one other one in the repository. If anything, I may have it flashed with a Tech 2 (another $100), that way I have the proper base tune for the car, I will know it's clean, and I am not licensing just some random base tune.

IDK, I am starting to think you're right, but its so odd that there are no other signs of corruption.

Advanced Tuner
    Did you remove the Trifecta tune before tuning with HP? I'm not even sure if you can tune with HP without removing the TF tune but it's worth asking. I had a TF tune before going with HP but returned the car to stock with the TF cable and software and then did a full read, saved that and then started tuning with HP.

It has to be with the base tune you're starting with. I can understand it's frustrating, but unless tech support has other suggestion there is no other reason it should limit your timing.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyS View Post
    Did you remove the Trifecta tune before tuning with HP? I'm not even sure if you can tune with HP without removing the TF tune but it's worth asking. I had a TF tune before going with HP but returned the car to stock with the TF cable and software and then did a full read, saved that and then started tuning with HP.
    To get rid of the TF tune, I wrote entire from a tune in the repository. Seems to be my issue.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by codename Bil Doe View Post
    It has to be with the base tune you're starting with. I can understand it's frustrating, but unless tech support has other suggestion there is no other reason it should limit your timing.
    It is frustrating to have to spend another $100, but I think you're absolutely right. One positive part of it is, if I get the Tech II reflash from the dealer, I can pull that tune and I will know I have a 100% completely fresh stock tune to go back to if need be.

I know what you mean. I got lucky in that one of my cars was still stock and the other came with a modded ecu that didn't have GMPP or other issues, just a shit tune.

Advanced Tuner
    I guess I need to buy another Solstice to solve my problem

You should feel the locked GM factory race tune that came with the race car. Talk about garbage.

Advanced Tuner
    If its anything like a stock tune, then I can only imagine! I was one of the first to put the GMPP tune on my Cobalt without buying the kit, and I cannot believe how terrible that tune was for a $500+ option!

The race tune idles at 1800rpm and won't drive below 2k at all. They blocked virtually all the sensors making it almost impossible to log anything. After learning all the tables I know exactly what they did. Whoever programmed it jacked the OS up without adjusting spark. Now, anywhere below 2-2.2k the timing is oscillating between 30* and negative numbers. It's physically impossible to drive. Looks like I'm pumping the clutch and gas at the same time. Boost on that tune spikes to 19-22 psi and then bleeds off real fast to 14-15psi. It was given out to people running the GXP at SCCA Runoffs in 2007. Terrible tune, but also why I'm excited to race mine.

Advanced Tuner
    Wow, do you own the Race Car? Crazy that they locked the tune... and that it is that terrible! Lol.

Back when Heinricy was with GM the cobalt SS's and GXP's that raced Runoffs got custom ecu's. Race car is a 2007 GXP ZOK

Advanced Tuner
    Oh wow, do all the ZOKs have the custom ECU?

It was a deal with the factory and anyone running a GXP at the runoffs back then.

Advanced Tuner
    Random question unrelated to this thread, but is there a way to log oil pressure on the LNF?

Hm. Any sensors avail?

Advanced Tuner
    I was more intending to see if there was a way to log it from the car, I didn't see it in my scanner, but I didn't spend a ton of time digging. I have the pro interface, so I was thinking about adding an AEM 100 PSIg sensor (p/n:30-2130-100) and logging it as an external. The reason I ask if we can log the onboard is because this AEM sending unit is $160.

I have got a win 8 tablet that I am installing a seat rail mount for, and would like to have the HPT logger up as a gauge display while I am racing (or driving, really any time except when I am on a date, then I will have it displaying suggestive subliminal messages).

Advanced Tuner
    I guess the engine oil pressure shows up in the table view, but I think since I didn't have it hooked to the car when I logged it won't show up. Too cold outside to hook it to the car and find out haha.

i never thought about it. i'll look it up when i grab my netbook later.