Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: LNF Optimum Spark Table help

Advanced Tuner
    I have a Solstice GXP, so kappa base in a kappa. Interesting you have had this issue too. This is the first Kappa I have tuned.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeM173 View Post
    I have not looked at the tune so I can't say specifically. It's possible it could be another underlying issue, but having the table set as the second one should not cause any timing issues at WOT unless you are commanding .85 or lower fuel.
    That's how I feel about it. Though the table may seem sloppy, I am rarely in the lambda range where it should affect the actual timing. This is why I think it's a hardware problem.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    Kappa have higher loading values and they sweep slower than cobalt. The kappa usually requires more work on modifiers as well due to the loading. They also net way lower ignition advance because the crank acceleration rates are two different speeds.

Advanced Tuner
    Hmmm, that's interesting. This is good info for me, it's nearly spring here so I have a lot of ideas to try out. Now to figure out what modifier is modifying my commanded spark...

Quote Originally Posted by mkriebs View Post
    I have a Solstice GXP, so kappa base in a kappa. Interesting you have had this issue too. This is the first Kappa I have tuned.
    Sorry man. I always thought you had a balt for some reason. My mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by cobaltssoverbooster View Post
    Kappa have higher loading values and they sweep slower than cobalt. The kappa usually requires more work on modifiers as well due to the loading. They also net way lower ignition advance because the crank acceleration rates are two different speeds.
    Very true. On average I can get roughly 4-5* more peak timing and 2-3* more low end timing out of lnf deltas vs kappas.
    09 Cobalt SS - E47+EFR6758 =

07 Silverado ECSB LBZ Duramax - Bunches of goodies

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Freakotec View Post
    Sorry man. I always thought you had a balt for some reason. My mistake.
    I did, until about 2010, so you're not too far off base.