Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2010 Camaro ss

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyCool View Post
    back in the day they used to drill a hole in it to fix the idle issues........
    Back when dinosaurs ruled the world, drive by cable/IAC setups couldn't support large cams so holes where drilled to keep the TB below the magic .65 mv idle level and allow sufficient startup/idle air requirements and allow IAC control. Today, unless you have the most radical cam in the world, Drive by Wire setups manage the TB Plate and open/close accordingly.

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyCool View Post
    My car is a 2009 model, apparently cant run mafless.
    Why do you think your car can't run without the MAF?
    2010 Camaro SS M6. Stock Bottom End, Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust.
    2005 Silverado RCSB. Forged 370 LQ9/Borg-Forced Inductions T6 S484/Jake's Stage 4 4L80E with D3 Brake/4WD.
    2023 Durango Hellcat

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by mowton View Post
    Back when dinosaurs ruled the world, drive by cable/IAC setups couldn't support large cams so holes where drilled to keep the TB below the magic .65 mv idle level and allow sufficient startup/idle air requirements and allow IAC control. Today, unless you have the most radical cam in the world, Drive by Wire setups manage the TB Plate and open/close accordingly.

Ed M
    I have just read this and couldnt agree more. I am in a similar boat i have a E38 6.0 with a 232/242 110cam im tuning, i have got it to idle nice , only issue is as soon as it sees wheel speed the idle hangs at 2000rpm until the the vehicle stops. its driving me nuts, rang Hp tuners got the drill a hole response, but im convinced i shouldnt have to. Have spent ages trying to get it to work would welcome any help??
    Cheers
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by ALPINEPERFORMANCE View Post
    I have just read this and couldnt agree more. I am in a similar boat i have a E38 6.0 with a 232/242 110cam im tuning, i have got it to idle nice , only issue is as soon as it sees wheel speed the idle hangs at 2000rpm until the the vehicle stops. its driving me nuts, rang Hp tuners got the drill a hole response, but im convinced i shouldnt have to. Have spent ages trying to get it to work would welcome any help??
    Cheers
    Could use a log, but will state the obvious to start. Tuning Open Loop Speed Density, >1 bar. Your tune appears to have PE enabled (throttle = 0) for what I know is open loop idle. Assume you are doing this to overcome the large overlap in your cam. The problem is the EQ is set for 1.10 which will yield a rich mixture. Is this your strategy? If so set the 1.1's to 1.0 for a stoich AFR.

The final idle airflow table can be tweaked to bring down rolling idle "hang" but I would assume you had already tried that. At stop, the adaptive idle function controls the air (Proportional/Integral), spark (over/under speed) and fueling (MAF/VE) and is disabled at >1.2 mph where the closed throttle rolling idle is controlled by the Min idle air and the other main elements you are tuning.

Now, some other observations include:

1) Open loop tables -- I recommend setting the tables back to stock and set the 1.0 in the cells above 133 F IVT and 176 F ECT. This way during cold starts and warm-up, you will be enriching the fueling to help get you to the operating temp (>176) which is where you would start tuning anyways.

2) Set Stoich to 14.2

Awaiting some logs.

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by mowton View Post
    Could use a log, but will state the obvious to start. Tuning Open Loop Speed Density, >1 bar. Your tune appears to have PE enabled (throttle = 0) for what I know is open loop idle. Assume you are doing this to overcome the large overlap in your cam. The problem is the EQ is set for 1.10 which will yield a rich mixture. Is this your strategy? If so set the 1.1's to 1.0 for a stoich AFR.

The final idle airflow table can be tweaked to bring down rolling idle "hang" but I would assume you had already tried that. At stop, the adaptive idle function controls the air (Proportional/Integral), spark (over/under speed) and fueling (MAF/VE) and is disabled at >1.2 mph where the closed throttle rolling idle is controlled by the Min idle air and the other main elements you are tuning.

Now, some other observations include:

1) Open loop tables -- I recommend setting the tables back to stock and set the 1.0 in the cells above 133 F IVT and 176 F ECT. This way during cold starts and warm-up, you will be enriching the fueling to help get you to the operating temp (>176) which is where you would start tuning anyways.

2) Set Stoich to 14.2

Awaiting some logs.

Ed M
    i second this. someone definitely has a big cam and wants to Open loop idle it lol