Thread: Write PCM error

Advanced Tuner

Write PCM error

Attempting to do an 80e swap on a 2003 Silverado... Pulled the file, licensed it, swapped segments in 2.25, and made an attempt to write the file in and got this response:

To rule out the possibility of it being a 2.25 issue, I tried writing the original file to the PCM in 2.24 and got this response:

What kind of problem are we looking at here, wiring? I put a battery charger on it to make sure the battery was at an appropriate voltage and made no difference. The 2.24 scanner works fine. And as you can tell, the 2.25 writer shows the truck being a V6 when its actually a V8... Ideas? Stock file and segment swapped files attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    did ya try writing w/o high speed just to see?

Advanced Tuner
    Yeah, figured I'd give that a try too. No change.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Battery or wiring related issue, not tuning related.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Hey guys I'm the owner of the truck. I took out the engine harness, went through wire by wire. Everything looked great, nothing wrong. I cleaned all grounds on the motor, the two behind the intake, and driver side block. Cleaned all of the corrosion on the pcm connectors. Very little to begin with but I wanted to be thorough. Then I used electrical cleaner on all of the connectors. There should no longer be a "wiring" issue. Is there anything else that I should pay attention to?

Senior Tuner
    Low battery voltage.