Thread: Ford Coyote Config

Ford Coyote Config

Need a little help getting my head around making a nice config for coyote's, have any of y'all set up anything to log commanded Fuel vs wideband error or anything to help with tq calculation? Maybe a short term fuel trim vs maf? I have some nice stuff for GM but I can't seem to get the maf to populate properly. coyote.cfg

Tuner
    Havent tried to log anything with torque other than the torque source, not sure if the current scanner can even do that. As far as the MAF goes, I am using a config with a custom PID (another member posted the how-to for it) for MAF vs Period to create a histogram for stft vs maf. Ill see if I can attach a config to give you an idea.

mustang12.cfg
    Current toy- 97 SCSB OBS chevy forged 6.0/4l80 combo with a bit of boost..currently back under the knife

To many previous vehicles to list

Tuner
    To make the custom PID for the MAF vs Period, incase the config I posted doesn't load it is as follows. I would credit the member that posted this info, but can't remember who it was. I'm just passing the info along

Go into "Configure User Defined"
    Click on one of the items named "undefined"
    Name your new Pid "MAF µs"
    Set the sensor to "MAF Airflow Freq"
    Set the units to "usec"
    Now in the Function String enter the following: 1/[PID.2302]*1000000

PID.2302 is the logged MAF frequency in HZ, the function string above converts the Hz to µs.
    Current toy- 97 SCSB OBS chevy forged 6.0/4l80 combo with a bit of boost..currently back under the knife

To many previous vehicles to list

I'll give this a try today, thanks!!