Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2/3 bar map support?

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by cobaltssoverbooster View Post
    that OS # is a limited number. it was only used in a very low amount of applications.
    I don't follow

Also, I'm not having much luck at all. Besides not having access to the reflash file in the repository, I just tried to read my vehicle for the first time and got
    "definition failed to load. you will be unable to edit this file please email this file to [email protected] with a VCM suite info log"

Sooo, I made sure to update the software, tried again, got the same result.

I DID however find a fellow enthusiast with the supercharger reflash file for an auto trans Alero (still n-body) akin to the cavalier/sunfire relationship. Though I've yet to do anything with it. If I can't read the car, I doubt I can flash a file to it.... can I? I still need the 2 bar map sensor, but that's easy to acquire.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    the grand am reflash file is not as common as the cav file. its good you found someone with one as they are not so easy to come by.
    you will save the file and attach it to an email where you can also attach an info log. you can open the info log section by pressing "ctrl + I" when you have the file opened in the editor. use the save button in the log window to save to a location you can use for attachment.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Potential Tuner
    the grand am reflash file is not as common as the cav file. its good you found someone with one as they are not so easy to come by.
    you will save the file and attach it to an email where you can also attach an info log. you can open the info log section by pressing "ctrl + I" when you have the file opened in the editor. use the save button in the log window to save to a location you can use for attachment.
    Indeed. I emailed support regarding the lack of the reflash in the repository and then sent a 2nd email when I got the "Definition File Failed to Load Error" with the .hpt file and VCM Suite infolog from trying to read my stock vehicle.

Glad I found someone with an n-body reflash. Hopefully it being an automatic and an Alero causes no problems. He's using his 00 auto file on his 01 manual Alero without issue.

One way or another we'll nail this thing down.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    trans tab should have a general section in which you can toggle auto or manual.
    just make sure after selecting manual that you disable all the Trq management settings to they dont come into play.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Potential Tuner
    trans tab should have a general section in which you can toggle auto or manual.
    just make sure after selecting manual that you disable all the Trq management settings to they dont come into play.
    Thanks. I appreciate you taking the time to assist.

Just got a reply from hptuners as I was writing this post lol

Potential Tuner
    anyone post reflash i know its old post but i have a 02 cavalier ecu in my s10 need to make read boost please and thank u for any help it is very much appreciated