Thread: 4l60e Stock settings???

Tuner in Training

4l60e Stock settings???

Why is it that all the stock tune files I download are always different. 99-06
    Even when I find the same year and model the trans settings don't match up.?

Which parts are different??

And if there are changes, it's likely very minor. I am pretty sure I read something that 05+ 4L60's got some different part upgrades and some stuff was prolly changed.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Senior Tuner
    Different gear/tire combos dictate different shift points...as do different engines making different power/torque curves, as well as different converter stall speeds.
    2010 Camaro SS M6. Stock Bottom End, Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust.
    2005 Silverado RCSB. Forged 370 LQ9/Borg-Forced Inductions T6 S484/Jake's Stage 4 4L80E with D3 Brake/4WD.
    2023 Durango Hellcat

Tuner in Training

Let me elaborate a little

Quote Originally Posted by MikeOD View Post
    Different gear/tire combos dictate different shift points...as do different engines making different power/torque curves, as well as different converter stall speeds.
    Ill post up 2 tunes which in my opinion should both be the same. there both 5.3s. I realize the gear, tire size, stall speed, etc. settings will affect differences. But ill copy over those differences and still then theres 100 calibration differences still. Maybe im missing something here, but it just doesnt make sense to me.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    The OS between the files isn't even the same. Understand there are OS changes year to year and model to model and depending on where the vehicle was manufactured even hardware differences for reasons far beyond my understanding or the scope of this topic.

Between the two files you chose, the 2001 OS has several options the 2000 model year file didn't have (including in the transmission area). Right off I noticed an entire tab called "Auto General Pressure" in the 2001 file that simply isn't available in the 2000 OS. Typically that means either the engineers at HP Tuners haven't mapped those functions or they didn't exist in the 2000 file. Knowing what I know of how the HP Tuners guys work and the age of the file, I'm going to place my money on the features didn't exist for the early OS. Likely these changes (the missing tab and other fields) were for small or potential driveability or reliability issues discovered after production commenced and initiated in later models to improve the final product.

The compare feature in HP Tuners is excellent, however it isn't always clear when both OS's don't share the same features.

Tuner in Training
    Ok, thanks for that explanation. My main concern is that I'm installing a built lvl 7 in my 2000 model silverado. I have a 2002 silverados pcm "0411" in the truck. My transmission settings, pressures, have been changed a lot and I don't know if all the changes are for the better and I don't want to mess up this new trans. So what OS or trans calibration do I use as I don't have my stock settings saved anywhere. I want to get it factory then make necessary changes to it for the stall, etc.

Advanced Tuner
    I personally prefer the newer OS's when I have a choice due to better support from HP Tuners (custom OS, more tables, etc.).