Thread: Newbie with problem

Tuner in Training

Newbie with problem

Sorry guys, another F'ing newbie with what I hope is a dumb question. I'm not sure if I have a tune issue or a wiring issue. I have a 3rd Gen LS that I've modified the harness and installed in a Jeep Comanche. The motor is a stock 2005 truck 6.0 with a LS1 intake and injectors using the truck DBW throttle. The truck starts up and idles fine. As soon as you depress the throttle, the motor goes into a very pronounced surge. At 20% steady throttle, the RPM surges from 1000-1500 with a very consistent cycle.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Did you change the tune at all for the injectors?? And you will want a wideband so you can change the VE and MAF tables as those are going to be way off now because of the LS1 intake manifold.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    I did not change the tune at all yet. I removed VATS and turned off some error codes. Once I get this resolved I will plug the wideband in and see where I'm at.

Tuner in Training
    That's what he is telling you, you need the wideband to see where you are. The 'VE is probably way off causing the surging.

Tuner in Training
    OH! Now I understand what you are saying! I was ASSuming that it would be close enough to start and run with those changes... Thanks for the insight!!

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for the help guys! I feel (appropriately) really stupid now! You were right on the money!