Thread: I feel like I'm getting my feet wet in the deep end...

I feel like I'm getting my feet wet in the deep end...

Hey all, my first post. Ive had HP Tuners about a month and in the spirit of "figuring it out myself" I have been reading the forums for about 4 months and untold hours. You guys have done the same so you know what I'm talking about.

The car is an 04 Z06 with a built LS3 (see sig). It had a great tune on it from ECS but broke a valve spring, dropped a valve, was also burning quite a bit of oil so I went in for a full rebuild. Now I'm post rebuild and retuning. The tuner I ended up taking it to was not impressive which made me go the HPTuners route - too many $$$ and too much time with area tuners.

- Had the cats put back on a couple of weeks ago (after last tuner melted the prior cats and interior carpet - sigh)
    - New cats were glowing red after a bit of idle (these are probably toast now also)
    - I went through the idle tuning guide posted by Krambo via Rinkrats' post (very helpful post)
    - Cam overlap tricks were key and eliminated LTFT dumping fuel in at idle
    - I increased spark and took out fuel at idle and the cats no longer glow but still get VERY hot (as in they started to melt my asphalt driveway after about 15 minutes of my car idling on it)
    - I have a wideband I am in the process of installing

Next steps:
    - Complete wideband install and subsequent tuning steps
    - Continue to work on idle
    - Research some more for more next steps

I recognize I'm a novice so I would like to post a recent scan and my current tune to see if I can get some expert "man you gotta change that before you f*&% something up" advice. I know there will be lots of "oh man" comments when you look though so I'm sure it will be interesting. I'm still working through it and trying to do myself, but any pointers are very welcome.

Mike
    Attached Files Attached Files
    04 Vette, Built LS3, 525 RWHP... Yep, flying through the air this is not good...

LS3 416 cid block, Cam Motion 248 256 .646" .642" 112 +4 cam, trickflow 235 ported heads, LS2 TB, Fast 102mm intake manifold, K&N cold air intake, kooks long tubes, 3" pipes, high flow cats

650 test stand fwhp, 550 rwhp ECS tune (previously), 525 rwhp tune (current/in process)

69 Vette, 427, red convertible, all original