Thread: Cold start wont stay running...

Tuner in Training

Cold start wont stay running...

So I'm trying to figure out cold start on my car... It's only been a bear since i swapped in the 36lb injectors... Prior to that with my 28's running around 32lb with upped fuel pressure I never had this issue. I'm sure most of this is due to my cam... 216/[email protected] .517/.568 lift(1.6ratio) 112LSA

Now I changed the Injector flow values in the ecu obviously and did a VE tune but once back on the MAF sensor it seemed to be worse starting.

I replaced the bottom half of my VE table with my existing and smoothed the entire idle area but still when the MAF is enabled it will fire and grab quick but then when it seems like it's trying to drop down to idle it just dies. You can see in the logs the IAC is open and the IPW has a number so it's firing... the only thing I was really messing with a lot recently is spark... I assume I don't have access to some tables that really matter because I've seen the spark at 19 when in my table it should be requesting 27-31... for the flow/RPM range.

Any insight on this issue?

Bear with me I'm running DHP and using Tiny Tuner to modify my 97 Venture bin since HPTuners doesn't support that file... Closest they have is the 97 Monte but I don't know what tables are available so I couldn't justify changing tuning suites. If there are more tables open in the 97 Monte file within HPTuners that would help me solve this issue I may move.
    1996 Toy Beretta
    3500/4t60e-HD LOTS of mods
    100 Shot Nitrous...
    12.48@113 Oct 2017

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 97Beretta View Post
    So I'm trying to figure out cold start on my car... It's only been a bear since i swapped in the 36lb injectors... Prior to that with my 28's running around 32lb with upped fuel pressure I never had this issue. I'm sure most of this is due to my cam... 216/[email protected] .517/.568 lift(1.6ratio) 112LSA

Now I changed the Injector flow values in the ecu obviously and did a VE tune but once back on the MAF sensor it seemed to be worse starting.

I replaced the bottom half of my VE table with my existing and smoothed the entire idle area but still when the MAF is enabled it will fire and grab quick but then when it seems like it's trying to drop down to idle it just dies. You can see in the logs the IAC is open and the IPW has a number so it's firing... the only thing I was really messing with a lot recently is spark... I assume I don't have access to some tables that really matter because I've seen the spark at 19 when in my table it should be requesting 27-31... for the flow/RPM range.

Any insight on this issue?

Bear with me I'm running DHP and using Tiny Tuner to modify my 97 Venture bin since HPTuners doesn't support that file... Closest they have is the 97 Monte but I don't know what tables are available so I couldn't justify changing tuning suites. If there are more tables open in the 97 Monte file within HPTuners that would help me solve this issue I may move.
    you didnt change anything physically other then the injectors? have you tried going back to a file before the spark changes?
    - 2001 Grand Prix XGT -- 11.57@122MPH
    - 2010 Chevy 2500HD LTZ -- Car hauler
    - 2011 BMW 328i Xdrive -- Wife's Daily
    - 2008 Ford F350 -- Under powered Pile O' Shit work truck