Thread: 2005 Corvette A& A supercharger and Lingenfelter MAF

Potential Tuner

2005 Corvette A& A supercharger and Lingenfelter MAF

Hello Guys,
    I have a question for you on a 2005 Corvette that is supercharged. It has key-less entry and the battery went dead on me while I was doing some tuning. Anyways I replaced the stock MAF with a Lingenfelter MAF the customer supplied http://www.lingenfelter.com/mm5/merc...8#.VDuSWBaS_94. It came with a chart to enter in and I did so in HPtuner. Anyways after I adjusted it and charged the battery the vehicle will now not start. I attached the map I am using. Can you please tell me if I am missing something as to why it wont start or give me some ideas of where to start on the diagnostics (should I disconnect the negative terminal on the battery or disconnect the MAF??) Any help would be greatly appreciated.

copy of tuning file https://www.dropbox.com/s/dk2gs71e2q...20MAF.hpt?dl=0

Thank you

Did the battery go dead on you while you where trying to write a new tune or just logging with your VCM scanner?
    POWERZONE- AUTOMOTIVE PERFORMANCE AND TUNING SOLUTIONS
    STREET TUNING/DYNO TUNING/TRACK TUNING/REMOTE TUNING/EMAIL TUNING
    [email protected]

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by POWERZONE View Post
    Did the battery go dead on you while you where trying to write a new tune or just logging with your VCM scanner?
    Hello,
    I am pretty sure the battery went dead while just using the scanner. I had one of those auto battery chargers on it but it keeps draining out the battery. Do Corvettes have any issues with battery drain?

Potential Tuner
    Ok guys,
    I figured I am getting way to much fuel on this Corvette where it just does not want to start. I have spark , good compression and good injector pulse. I attached the map I am using. Does anyone have a stock file of a 2005 Corvette V8 6.0L that I can compare with?? I think my injector tables at settings are way off causing the issues. https://www.dropbox.com/s/3iz6j3qr6h...Map1a.hpt?dl=0

Senior Tuner
    There is a stock 05 in the repository.

Advanced Tuner
    Go back to the tune you ran prior to installing the MAF with the exception of making sure you have it set to run in pure MAF mode. Start her up (will probably be lean), do your logging and tune the MAF yourself. In my opinion, lingenfelter puts out some shit tunes anyway, so I would never just rely on tune data provided by them.

No the data they provide is way off, I have the 100mm from them and struggled for a week before I took it off and went SD. I also spoke with them on several occasions and came to the conclusion they really don't want to help or don't want to give out the correct data for their unit. Either way it took forever to get the tune to the point it would run some what descent but eventually gave up on it.

2006 Escalade LMM Duramax Tuned
    2000 S10 Twin Turbo 6.0L
    56 GMC 100 Status Unknown

Advanced Tuner
    If you've ever seen any of their tunes, you'd know why the data is crap. I've seen complete beginners learning from forum threads do better.

Just forget their data, but the tune in pure MAF and calibrate the MAF yourself using stft and afr readings.

Tuner in Training
    I used it once on a built, because the customer had it and wanted to use it, and as PST says just tune pure MAF and calibrate yourself. Their data is way off.