Thread: Passkey 3 VTD Override

Potential Tuner

Passkey 3 VTD Override

Hi
    Im new to this HPtuner. I ordered today the VCM Suite today
    I am hoping that the VCM suite will let me over ride the Passkey 3 system. I am pulling a P1631 code with my Scan xl scanner and it also says my fuel disable is active.
    Has any one successfully disabled Passkey3 with the HPtuner suite
    My truck is stuck and will turn over , fire 1 second and stop

What year truck? Also post your tune and We'll look at it.
    2008 Pontiac G5 2.2L (main oil seal became a crunchy Autumn leaf, RIP)
    2016 Fiesta 1.0L Ecoboost - Project "not-so-detestable"

Potential Tuner
    Its a 2003 silverado with a 4.8 engine. I don't have my HPtuner yet . I just ordered it today in the hopes that it will disable the VATS
    I changed the motor, Had a used PCM reflashed to the VIN and when I went to restart it went into the theft deterrent mode. I have tried the relearn procedure 20 times to no avail. I would rather spend the money on a tuning sysytem then take it to a shop to figure out this VATS system. After all the work to change the motor and not even getting it to run for a second is a big disappointment. I have spark to the plugs and fuel to the rail. Thanks for the reply.

Yes you will be able to completely disable it.
    However, the security light will keep flashing on the cluster. The engine will run without issues but the light will not go away
    9 sec Montecarlo SS

Cool. When you get it, go to OS then disable the VATS that way. Then do a write entire. It'll make sense when you play with the program. Also download the program from your account page on HPT, don't bother with the CD. IIRC all you need the CD for is the drivers, and you may not even need it for that. If you have any problems contact support immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Montecarlodrag View Post
    Yes you will be able to completely disable it.
    However, the security light will keep flashing on the cluster. The engine will run without issues but the light will not go away
    And you can probably unplug the bulb if it bothers you too much.
    2008 Pontiac G5 2.2L (main oil seal became a crunchy Autumn leaf, RIP)
    2016 Fiesta 1.0L Ecoboost - Project "not-so-detestable"

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by CatnipG5Bandit View Post
    Cool. When you get it, go to OS then disable the VATS that way. Then do a write entire. It'll make sense when you play with the program. Also download the program from your account page on HPT, don't bother with the CD. IIRC all you need the CD for is the drivers, and you may not even need it for that. If you have any problems contact support immediately.

And you can probably unplug the bulb if it bothers you too much.
    Thanks for the re assurance. I can't wait for my VCM and get this baby going.

I am new to tuning also and I did this same thing on my 1999 suburban with the vortec 350. It worked like a charm and the light goes off after a while, but it will come back on every once in a while. Like stated above you could pull the bulb out most likely if the light bothers you too much.