Thread: 13 silverado need more fuel help!

Tuner in Training

13 silverado need more fuel help!

First off I'm new to this turbo stuff, just ordered a kit from trick performance with upgraded 74/75 precision turbo, and upgraded 4"*intercooler, the question I have is how much boost can the factory flex fuel, fuel system handle, 2013*silverado*5.3 flex z71, would like to run 7-8 psi. And if it won't, do I need injectors or inj & pump. And how or were to get these thanks. Please lead me in the right direction, looking to see what I have got myself into. thanks.

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    look into other GM injectors zr1/zl1
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Great advice on the ZL1/ZR1 injectors. You can copy and paste good data and shouldn't be too hard finding a set for around $200. How much can the fuel system handle is different with every combo. You will want to have your WOT pulsewidths safe. You can find calculations online for injector duty cycle. You are also able to log desired and actual fuel pressure.

The flex fuel 5.3 injectors flow ~38 lb/hr at stock fuel pressure. I'm sure they will be fine with 7-8 lbs boost. Just make sure that the IDC is under 100%. Fuel pump should be enough. How much power are you planning on?

Russ Kemp

Tuner in Training
    I'm not sure on hp rating but trying to run 8 psi to a factory 2013 5.3, everybody is telling me 600 hp, like I said I'm new to turbos, and not sure on all this, trying to learn. Russ do you do email tuning, if so please pm, I need someone to tune this setup to, thanks