Thread: I'm looking for hanging idle suggestions

I'm looking for hanging idle suggestions

I have a H/C/I '04 GTO with a decent cam(226/226 605/605) that I need to idle fine as my idle hangs around 1200-1500 with the AC on and around 1000-1200 with the AC off. After reading I see that it could be my TF and TC and will be adjusting those today after running another RAF cold scan. I've run it 3 times already and don't believe that this is the problem as I idle fine and only have slight issues when idling down in gear or accelerating slightly in gear at low rpms along with the hanging idle. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated to help me speed up the process. All of a sudden this morning the GTO started hunting for idle when I came to a stop, it hadn't done this for over a week. So I'm now questioning the RAF, that's why I'm running it again today. The hanging idle is driving me nuts as it makes my shifts hard when the idle is hanging up at 1500. Here is my last tune and most recent log.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by RawRacing; 10-10-2014 at 01:02 PM.

So I did RAF again and copied those numbers over to the P/N table and adjusted my IAC so now it's 0 up to 22. My idle seems rock solid at 925. Then I needed to adjust my Cooling Fan Airflow for both Fan 1 and Fan 1 2 because switching the fans off and on in the Scanner lead to some hunting idle, so I lowered both numbers and that fixed it. Then I adjusted the AC Offset P/N Min and Max because my idle started hunting when switching the AC off and ON. Now I wasn't just switching the fans or AC off and on back and forth. I would let the fans or AC run for 30 secs or so and then turn it off to see what was happening before making the adjustments. I'm now going to tackle the TC and TF for the hanging idle problem I was having. Here's my last scan.

Ok I adjusted the TF and TC tables and the decay for TF back to stock while enabling Rolling Idle and bumping up Idle Spark Park/Drive below 1200. The car idles well. Didn't hunt for idle once but still breaks up ever so slightly when idling in gear so I still need to fine tune the rolling idle table and TC in relation to the RI. So my idle isn't really hanging anymore. It still stops at 1K on the way down but then quickly resumes dropping but now I had a couple of instances where I came to a quick stop in gear, clutch pressed, and tried to put it in neutral and the car stalled. RPMs would drop to 600-700 then the car would stall. I'm going to bump up the 400rpm idle spark tables and see how that does. I'll drive around with this tune for a few days and see how she does as my idle isn't hanging as high anymore and she isn't stumbling at low RPMs although it isn't a smooth transition every time from idle when I press on the gas. My hot IAC is around 70-90 now as I had to adjust the table A LOT to get the IAC into what I believe is the proper spot. It makes sense since I did add a bigger CAI and TB over stock with a cam. As long as my idle doesn't hunt or hang, I will just fine tune from here. My RAF and Dynamic Airflow are pretty close at cold temps but do vary at hot temps and hot restarts by about 3 g/sec, so any thoughts on how to tighten this up would be appreciated. I went completely OL as the STFT's were not cooperating. I'll keep talking to myself as it at least gives me a running journal. Here's my last tune.