Thread: 5.3l AFM motor wont start please help

Potential Tuner

5.3l AFM motor wont start please help

Just wondering if anyone could help me, I have a 5.3 engine using a gm performance loom and computer, unfortunately the loom and computer was order as a vvt loom and computer, my engine is AFM only not VVT, the loom has now been modified to suit the normal 3 wire cam angle sensor and does not run the AFM side of things. I just want to state that i am not a tuner and dont claim to be, I have turned the cam phasing off, have also downloaded a 5.3l tune to suit the E67 but the OS are different so i could not flash the computer with it, so i pulled the original tune from the computer and copy and pasted the tables across the reflashed it, the engine sounds like it wants to start but wont get there, I have replaced the crank angle sensor, injectors etc and the only way i can get it to start for acouple of seconds is to spray some areo start in the TB then it will start but not run and it dosent do it all the time, can anyone help?

Thanks in advance..

post tune and log

2006 Escalade LMM Duramax Tuned
    2000 S10 Twin Turbo 6.0L
    56 GMC 100 Status Unknown

Potential Tuner
    ok ill grab the tune tonight. thanks.

Potential Tuner
    The Map sensor was the issue, it will start with a LS3 sensor, which are a bolt in sensor, is there a sensor that is the same as the LS3 that will go into the top of my motor?

Advanced Tuner
    You can just copy over the correct map sensor settings for you existing sensor