Thread: Updating OS Credit Cost and Options in terms of OS Upgrades (For GMs)

Tuner in Training

Updating OS Credit Cost and Options in terms of OS Upgrades (For GMs)

Ok I have been reading and I am not 100% sure the answer. I saw Bill say I would need to license the Year of the OS Tune File I am loading and then I saw where I could just use 4 credits.

The reason I am looking at this is I used to have an 01 Corvette, I now have a 2000 Corvette. The OS is slightly different mainly the VE Table setup annoys me.

I am licensed to both Vette's individually.

What I would like to do is update the PCM in my current 2000 Corvette to the 2001 OS.

Could I just do a Write Entire from my 2001 PCM File and then load my tune information manually over that way? Would it allow me to keep the same VIN or would it change the VIN? If it does change the VIN can I change it back to the correct one?

I am also curious as to what OS Updates came out later and just what PCM's support what. I have not searched on this topic as I never thought about it until I started reading about how to do what I want above. I will search around for information on it but if anyone would be kind enough to give me a quick run down I would appreciate it.

Yes save yourself some credits and just load the 2001 OS via a write entire. Your 2000 model VIN will not be able to be used in the 2001 OS. This is not a huge deal unless you need to do this to pass emissions testing.
    James Short - [email protected]
    Located in Central Kentucky
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400

The enhanced OS doesn't require credits anymore. Just download the latest 2.24.

Russ Kemp

Tuner in Training
    I have 2.24 for Hp Tuners, but I am not sure what you mean by enhanced? So if I want to load the newer OS on to my 2000 I can do so for free?

Quote Originally Posted by Cross View Post
    I have 2.24 for Hp Tuners, but I am not sure what you mean by enhanced? So if I want to load the newer OS on to my 2000 I can do so for free?
    Enhanced OS, so you can change to the 2001 & up style VE table. Or real time tuning if that matters to you.

Russ Kemp

Tuner in Training
    Ok I understand, although I am a little unclear. I thought those switched the system to MAP only am I wrong?

What Russ is saying is if you desire to keep your original VIN in your computer but want to get rid of the Secondary VE table like the newer OS offers you can upgrade your current 2000 file to one of the available custom OS's. You can normally do 1Bar MAF Enhanced or 1Bar SD. Either of which you will only have one VE table. The problem to that is you still don't have the Temperature Bias table to help dial in SD.

IMO since you already have the other 2001 Vette file licensed I would use it as a base and use the custom OS on it so that you can do RTT. All you'll have to do is write entire and since the file you have open and the PCM you have are both licensed it will let you flash it right to it.
    James Short - [email protected]
    Located in Central Kentucky
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400

Tuner in Training
    Ok I didn't notice the Maf Enhanced one until I looked again, it's not available for the 2000 though so that leaves me with the 1 Bar Map as my option.

I will check the 01 file.

Thank you both again, I know these are probably easy questions to everyone else.

Tuner in Training
    Alright I tried to use the enhanced OS but it asked me for 2 credits. So I just played around with the Newer OS from my 01 file and ran into an issue with the VATS. I had to turn it off to run the car, i tried using the relink option but even though it said it worked it still wouldn't run.

I turned it off and now it runs but the security light is on.

Am I missing something or is there a way to shut off the security light?

Tuner in Training
    I still have the security issue but now I have another, when I go to put the top down it will not let me.

But if I load the old tune it does it....

In missing something and there had to be a way to turn off this security light. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

The 2 credits to do the enhanced OS thing is just a function of your version of the HPTuners software...you'll need to update to the newest release of 2.24 and then the enhanced OS options will be free, as Russ mentioned in post 3 )

Good luck
    Kenne Bell Supercharged 2003 Corvette Z06

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Cross View Post
    I still have the security issue but now I have another, when I go to put the top down it will not let me.

But if I load the old tune it does it....

In missing something and there had to be a way to turn off this security light. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
    If you update your 2.24 to the newest version, you can run an enhanced OS for free.

I'm not sure why your top doesn't work other than maybe your BCM and PCM aren't speaking when the PCM has the wrong VIN in it. Maybe there's a re-linking procedure you need to execute?
    2010 Camaro SS M6. Stock Bottom End, Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust.
    2005 Silverado RCSB. Forged 370 LQ9/Borg-Forced Inductions T6 S484/Jake's Stage 4 4L80E with D3 Brake/4WD.
    2023 Durango Hellcat