Thread: TPS and Knock problem on my Vette LS3, please help!!!

Tuner in Training

TPS and Knock problem on my Vette LS3, please help!!!

Hello Gents,

My Car is 2010 Corvette LS3, I just add the 160 thermostat, Rear Z06 muffler and Vararam Air filter.

Now, i faced two issues. The first one is maximum TPS is 84% and the second one is read spikes "Knocks" with around 13 Air/Fuel.

I will attached the htp file and log file.

Your support is highly appreciated.

Sultan.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner
    84% TPS is correct for WOT in HP Tuners. I don't have my laptop with me right now, so I didn't get a chance to review your datalog. I've had some LS3 cars that would only tolerate 21 degrees at WOT. It depends strongly on fuel quality. You might try adding some Torco Accelerator or even some race fuel.
    Good Luck!

Quote Originally Posted by super-ss View Post
    Hello Gents,

My Car is 2010 Corvette LS3, I just add the 160 thermostat, Rear Z06 muffler and Vararam Air filter.

Now, i faced two issues. The first one is maximum TPS is 84% and the second one is read spikes "Knocks" with around 13 Air/Fuel.

I will attached the htp file and log file.

Your support is highly appreciated.

Sultan.
    84% throttle open is wide open throttle. There is no difference in airflow from 84% to 100% throttle because of the throttle shaft obstruction at 100% wide open.

Second 13:1 AFR is lean for a LS3 could be part of your problem. Around or a bit before 4500 is peak torque and your engine is most likely knocking. Set your PE enrichment rate to at least 1.25 and set the PE delay to 1000 rpms. Also 22 or 23 deg at peak torque might be a bit to much.

I would also start with dialing in your MAF calibration for the Vararam Intake (VVE if you want) to get the fuel trims under 3-4%. Get part throttle situated and then work on WOT
    Second set your WOT AFR to 12.5:1, PE rate to 1.25 or 1.30, and the PE delay to 1000 rpms and retest.

Put your Knock decay tables back to stock and maybe increase them a little. Yours are very high and once and engine starts to rattle it needs time to be quenched. You have it adding backing ignition timing way too fast. Don't mask the problem stick to the basics. If you can rent time on a loaded chassis dyno it will accelerate your tuning, but you can also get go results on the street just takes longer
    Last edited by JnJSpdShop; 10-08-2014 at 05:40 PM.

Western New York's Performance Headquarters

Tuner in Training
    Thank you guys for your solutions. really i appreciated that.

The issues are solved with your comments.

Best Regards

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    if you need any further help we are located in Jeddah
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Tuner in Training
    Thank you SultanHassanMasTuning my issue is solved, i knew your work, it's an amazing and nice.

keep in touch