Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast

Thread: HP Tuners Virtual VE Support added to 2.25.1063+ Beta

I used this for the first time this weekend. It worked well other than the axis configuration not actually accepting comma separated values. If I replaced the commas with a space, the editor took the change without crashing.

In the end, I upgraded to a custom OS anyway. But, I was able to use the VVE tool to build my starter VE graph.

It would be cool if you could use commas, spaces or tabs to separate values in the axis config.

Not a huge deal but just a thought.
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Doesn't the axis editor say it will accept commas? Seems like a rather trivial change to make. Still, generating a CSV is either quite a bit of typing or you have to jump through some hoops with something like Excel and a text editor.

It was a bit of a pain to build the axis in Excel, save as CSV, open in Notepad and search/replace the commas with spaces. My first choice would be to be able to specify a range/step and have HPT build the string for me. Second choice would be to just copy/paste directly out of Excel.

You are correct.. it does say it can be comma or space delimited

On mine, either one will work, but not a mix of the two.

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

What's the deal with finding a PID in the Chart Screen but can't find it in the Channels? I see the MAP desired PID but only in the Chart screen. I seem to find this alot where you can't retain that PID for multiples types of screens.

Also I created a PID for BOOST which works fine but every time I startup a new opening of the BETA is reads incorrect.

Today I noticed I can't grab the curser line within a chart by itself without moving the guide tool below it...not sure if I hit something but its annoying.

Can someone please explain the flow of the "layouts"? I keep creating MAP's, Charts and Channel lists and saving them individually to not get confused. Then in a couple key strokes there all messed up. For example I created a Chart Screen I liked. Created a folder outside of HPT and called it LT4 Chart Screen. I assume that if I reopen this all my stuff is there. A few times I opened it up and there where duplicate "groups". 15 times I've cleaned this up and its getting old. When in the Chart screen editor you can save by All Groups or Selected Groups......I assume All Groups saves the entire batch of groups as designed......Selected Groups are to save them individually?

Also if a PID is not in the Channel list does selecting it in the Chart or Histogram supercede the selected PID's form the Channel list?

I also created a Histogram for 2 BAR VE...using P/R and RPM and logging error... one minute it tracked perfect and the next it lost all reference to P/R...

This said I'm going home from the shop before I smash my laptop.......
    Full Service GM Late Model Performance Facility

www.redline-motorsports.net
    Follow US on FACEBOOK!
    Follow us on Instagram! redline_motorsports

Quote Originally Posted by Redline MS View Post
    What's the deal with finding a PID in the Chart Screen but can't find it in the Channels? I see the MAP desired PID but only in the Chart screen. I seem to find this alot where you can't retain that PID for multiples types of screens.

Also I created a PID for BOOST which works fine but every time I startup a new opening of the BETA is reads incorrect.

Today I noticed I can't grab the curser line within a chart by itself without moving the guide tool below it...not sure if I hit something but its annoying.

Can someone please explain the flow of the "layouts"? I keep creating MAP's, Charts and Channel lists and saving them individually to not get confused. Then in a couple key strokes there all messed up. For example I created a Chart Screen I liked. Created a folder outside of HPT and called it LT4 Chart Screen. I assume that if I reopen this all my stuff is there. A few times I opened it up and there where duplicate "groups". 15 times I've cleaned this up and its getting old. When in the Chart screen editor you can save by All Groups or Selected Groups......I assume All Groups saves the entire batch of groups as designed......Selected Groups are to save them individually?

Also if a PID is not in the Channel list does selecting it in the Chart or Histogram supercede the selected PID's form the Channel list?

I also created a Histogram for 2 BAR VE...using P/R and RPM and logging error... one minute it tracked perfect and the next it lost all reference to P/R...

Had any luck getting serial support for your ECM1500 yet?

The way it was explained to me is by saving a "layout" you'll save all of the graphs, charts, etc. However, channel configs are NOT included in layouts. So to save a setup, save the layout, save channel config, and that should capture everything.. with the except of math parameters which there is no way to bulk save them as far as I know.

If you save graphs/charts individually then when you import them it adds them on to whatever you already have.. not that big a deal to hit delete a bunch of times but I think you can get around this by make your changes/saving them as different layouts instead of trying to save graphs/charts individually

Honestly I usually save it both ways just in case.. but I think using layouts will make things easier

If it's not added to channel config then it isn't being logged.. same as how table display works in 2.24 (or at least it was last time I checked)

Advanced Tuner
    I just stumbled onto this post....trying to tune VVE on a 2012 camaro and the changes i make have no affect on fueling. i'm getting around .74 lambda at idle even though i've taken a lot of fuel out, so much so that the car shouldn't run at all, but lambda error remains the same.

Is the VVE editor not working? every time i make changes, it changes VVE coefficients. I dont understand what i'm missing....could someone maybe take a look at my file and see? I started by taking about 20% fuel out, flashed, then logged, applied changes, repeated...lambda error never changed throughout the process. i kept taking fuel away thinking maybe my wideband was just pegged on the rich end of it's scale, but that doesn't appear to be the issue.

working tune.hpt

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000_SS View Post
    I just stumbled onto this post....trying to tune VVE on a 2012 camaro and the changes i make have no affect on fueling. i'm getting around .74 lambda at idle even though i've taken a lot of fuel out, so much so that the car shouldn't run at all, but lambda error remains the same.

Is the VVE editor not working? every time i make changes, it changes VVE coefficients. I dont understand what i'm missing....could someone maybe take a look at my file and see? I started by taking about 20% fuel out, flashed, then logged, applied changes, repeated...lambda error never changed throughout the process. i kept taking fuel away thinking maybe my wideband was just pegged on the rich end of it's scale, but that doesn't appear to be the issue.

working tune.hpt
    I just re-read a page back....i was only tuning with "manifold switch closed"....i never switched to open....i'm not certain i understand what that mean or how it works....but should i be copy/pasting so that the two match? DoD is disabled, and mechanically removed, so i shouldn't even worry about those two tables, right?

I just make all 4 the same just to be sure I got the right one

You can ignore the DOD ones if you want if you aren't using DOD though..

After you calculate coefficients on the first one, just copy/paste the resulting "VE" table to the other (open or closed), and his calculate coefficients again

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Advanced Tuner
    ok got it....thanks.

I got a new file set up and i'll try again in the morning.

Advanced Tuner
    what exactly is the manifold switch, and what's the difference between open and closed? is that explained in this thread or another somewhere?

what exactly is the manifold switch, and what's the difference between open and closed? is that explained in this thread or another somewhere?
    its nothing, most of the cars, especially all the V8s don't have them that I know of. just edit one table and copy to the others. I edit the VVE editor, apply changes, then go to the actual tables (not the editor) and copy the rows down the list of the tables.

Yeah it's used on some of the trucks from my understanding? Some kind of valve or switch on the intake manifold. I haven't done much research on it though. Not used on most cars

Advanced Tuner
    ok cool. i've now gone through this thread and have a *little* better grasp on things. Thanks guys, and a big thanks to HPT for putting this feature in. Only thing I don't like about it is when setting up the scanner (2.24), i have to go in and add all the commas between break points and remove the commas from each RPM value (3,400 to 3400)...no big deal and i have no idea what it takes to change that, so if i have to live with that and everything else works, i'm happy.

You can do it in Notepad with the replace feature to make it super quick

Its an Intake Manifold Tuning Valve and is used on some setups (Acadia for one I know) to switch between a single plenum manifold or separate the two banks into like a dual plenum manifold. Used between idle/low cruise and high to increase torque capabilities. Most setups, if not equipped, would be tuned in the Open table. Have to be careful because HP Tuners defaults to the closed table....

I only know about it because EFI Live provided all 4 options initially when GM went to VVE.

Ed M
    Last edited by mowton; 01-24-2016 at 10:03 AM.
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    You can do it in Notepad with the replace feature to make it super quick
    Awesome, thanks

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by mowton View Post
    Its an Intake Manifold Tuning Valve and is used on some setups (Acadia for one I know) to switch between a single plenum manifold or separate the two banks into like a dual plenum manifold. Used between idle/low cruise and high to increase torque capabilities. Most setups, if not equipped, would be tuned in the Open table. Have to be careful because HP Tuners defaults to the closed table....

I only know about it because EFI Live provided all 4 options initially when GM went to VVE.

Ed M
    Understood, thank you

Tuning Addict

You get like that too Howard? I about folded mine over my knee the other day at 3 in the morning when I realized a valve spring broke or the like issue occurred causing all of my problems Went upstairs, laid down on the couch and went to sleep before I did fold the laptop over something
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC