Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: HP Tuners Virtual VE Support added to 2.25.1063+ Beta

Advanced Tuner
    I'm getting this VE function figured out.... Super cool so far. Learned the hard way to copy/save my table first, before calculating coificients. And to copy the table again, after calculating coificents. And then the whole close/open thing.... Wish I would have read the last few pages before wasting a couple hours.

So anyway....how are you guys working the boundaries? With the BC tool, it would through PFM figure out what to do with them automatically. I played around with changing them to what I thought was a logical grouping, keeping at least two rows of the MAP contained in a boundary. Then I take a look at the VE graph in 3D mode and see that my logic wasn't in live with the software. So much for that idea.

If anyone has some sage advice, it would much appreciated.
    When arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing....

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_D View Post
    I'm getting this VE function figured out.... Super cool so far. Learned the hard way to copy/save my table first, before calculating coificients. And to copy the table again, after calculating coificents. And then the whole close/open thing.... Wish I would have read the last few pages before wasting a couple hours.

So anyway....how are you guys working the boundaries? With the BC tool, it would through PFM figure out what to do with them automatically. I played around with changing them to what I thought was a logical grouping, keeping at least two rows of the MAP contained in a boundary. Then I take a look at the VE graph in 3D mode and see that my logic wasn't in live with the software. So much for that idea.

If anyone has some sage advice, it would much appreciated.
    If you edit the axis it will change the boundaries also. Set your axis to suit your vehicle (RPM and Pressure Ratio or MAP). Edit your boundaries to something like 1000, 3000, 5000 RPM and spread the Y axis boundaries out in a similar fashion. Sometimes you will have to edit the axis in a non linear fashion like:

rather than

Advanced Tuner
    Regarding the Y (map) axis, do you set them up the same in each of the x (rpm) axis blocks?

I'm seeing some odd behaviors. I am using the VVE tool in 2.25 to generate Coificients, then I copy them to a 2.24 file so a friend can write the calibration to his car remotely (he knows nothing about tuning, but taking logs and flashing cals, so I'm trying to not confuse him).

The boundaries were set up by a previous tuner, presumably with the Blue Cat tool. RPM boundaries look about right. 1200, 2600, 3600, 5200. (Big cammed 2008 Z06). RPM boundaries however, are not the same.

Well I just noticed that when I reopen the 2.24 file (that I previously built the VE Coificients in 2.25), once again in 2.25, and then load the VE editor, several boundary blocks are way off from when I worked the table previously in 2.25. The VE table looked great when I first built it, even after generating Coificients for all four tables (varified after Coificient generation).

I think the Y axis boundaries are the problem. They are different in each RPM block.

Editing the axiseseses in VVE Editor are only for tuning/visual purposes, they don't change the hardcoded setup in the computer. It is possible that if you set them up on your laptop and send them to him and he opens them in a different HPT/laptop, they will not be the same.

Still waiting on variable cam coefficients to work in this tool.
    James Short - [email protected]
    Located in Central Kentucky
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400