Thread: Beginner help needed -- LM7 ---> LS2 and HPT Pro - need starting point please

Potential Tuner

Question Beginner help needed -- LM7 ---> LS2 and HPT Pro - need starting point please

Finishing up the swap and about to start tuning. Need some direction. Totally a tuning virgin here.

2005 LS2 (Vette if that matters)
    TBSS-style(truck) (90mm?) intake
    DBC 90mm TB
    LM7 return-style fuel rail adapted
    LS3-style(I think; short, fat, new, blue O-ring, Delphi) late truck injectors adapted
    Stock LM7 MAF for now
    No EGR or EVAP
    LM7/LS1 style harness
    Cam sensor extended
    LS1-style knock sensors relocated/extended
    1-5/8 shorties
    2.25" dual exhaust, O2 sensors, no cats.

The2000-ish 5.3 ran well with an unknown aftermarket tune before I yanked it.

What would be a good tune to start with? LM7? TBSS? Corvette? GTO? Can I take a BIN file from LS2 and load into my LS1 PCM anyway? Is it reasonable to think I could initially get it running well enough to limp 5 miles to a muffler shop to get the wide band bung welded in?

Thank you in advance for your time. I will try not to waste it. I'm not a complete dummy but haven't done this before.

Chris

Senior Tuner
    You cant load ls2 file into your pcm, not compatible. I am guessing your running a 4l60 as you didnt specify. I would suggest finding a 2002 yukon/tahoe/escalade/suburban 6.0 4l60 file and starting with that. You could also find a 2500 6.0/4l80 file and do a segment swap, but I believe there are yukon files in the repository. I would expect the engine to run well enough off of that to take to exhuast shop if you drive it nicly.

I suppose if you already have your 5.3 file licensed, you could find a compatible 6.0 file as swap the engine and engine diagnostics section to save credits.
    Last edited by mecanicman; 10-05-2014 at 03:03 PM.

Potential Tuner
    Sorry for the late reply; I forgot to check back.

It's a SM465(4-speed stick) so no transmission worries(I think!).

I have already licensed my 5.3 but I think I licensed to the vehicle/VIN if that makes sense? If I licensed the vehicle, should I be able to throw any tune at it(within reason, like the Yukon tune you mentioned)? Does the typical file in the repository contain a VIN or is that stored separately in the PCM? Fingers crossed I might actually have everything wired up this weekend.

Thanks!