Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Ran The Russk K IDLE but results dont make sense

ya thats what im sort of figuring lol. do you think the loss of inertia with the lighter combo is whats hurting it when i try to turn the wheel? in other words the ps drag is loading the engine too much and the inertia isnt there to keep it going?

i'll play around some more with the follower and see if i cant get it to decay slower around 0-4 mph so i can turn the wheel without it falling out so quick. trade off there is that revving in nuetral wont settle as fast however if that alleviates it then so be it. its a bandaid but as far as i've seen theres no cure for it. i cant swap out the clutch for quite some time lol. its just weird because once it hits adaptive idle its fine.

thanks for all the help russ i really do appreciate it. i couldnt have gotten this thing tuned without your help.

just out of curiosity russ, was your lightweight assembly causing the same issues in your z? this setup worked pretty well with my ls6/stock tb but perhaps in combination with the fast and larger tb its just too much for the pcm to compensate
    Last edited by 02pewterz28; 10-12-2014 at 09:55 PM.

My light weight flywheel caused very similar issues that your having. Try running a lawn mower without the blade. As I said before, you increased the throttle follower airflow decay tables (that I lowered for you). Read the help files.

Russ Kemp