Thread: PCM Swap HELP

Tuner in Training

PCM Swap HELP

I am in the middle of swapping my 98 PCM for a 99+ PCM. I have everything ready to repin but I am confused about a couple things and need help. I am using this guide http://www.mrk-motorsports.com/pdf/1...1999%20PCM.pdf

On the Red connector at pin 63 the directions say to move to Red C2-57 then in the comments section is says "SLPICE? or Blue C1-63". What am I supposed to do with pin number 63 from the red connector?? In other directions I have seen it said to just ground this pin out somewhere, it is the AC refrigerant pressure sensor ground. If I just ground out that pin, do I ground from the connector out or from the harness to ground without going into the actual connector?

ALSO.....I have been reading and it seems that the newest version of HP Tuners and the newest OS for Fbody's when used together, will be able to get the fuel gauge working correctly. Is this true? Any first hand experience or should I just license one of the OS's that already have the fuel segment swap to be safe?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Tuner in Training

Anyone?? I am at a stand still!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NBMLS2TA View Post
    I am in the middle of swapping my 98 PCM for a 99+ PCM. I have everything ready to repin but I am confused about a couple things and need help. I am using this guide http://www.mrk-motorsports.com/pdf/1...1999%20PCM.pdf

On the Red connector at pin 63 the directions say to move to Red C2-57 then in the comments section is says "SLPICE? or Blue C1-63". What am I supposed to do with pin number 63 from the red connector?? In other directions I have seen it said to just ground this pin out somewhere, it is the AC refrigerant pressure sensor ground. If I just ground out that pin, do I ground from the connector out or from the harness to ground without going into the actual connector?

ALSO.....I have been reading and it seems that the newest version of HP Tuners and the newest OS for Fbody's when used together, will be able to get the fuel gauge working correctly. Is this true? Any first hand experience or should I just license one of the OS's that already have the fuel segment swap to be safe?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Tuner in Training
    Help?