Thread: LS1 PCM altenator control

Tuner in Training

LS1 PCM altenator control

Hi,
    Just wondering if anyone knows of an option / way to adjust the alternator control on red plug pin 15.
    or if someone can tell me what or how it operates.
    want to use it for something else.

Senior Tuner
    I don't think we have much control of it. I believe you can disable it in the System Options table if you open "System - General" and then hit the "system" button with the Alt-F or Alt-L term table.
    2010 Camaro SS M6. Stock Bottom End, Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust.
    2005 Silverado RCSB. Forged 370 LQ9/Borg-Forced Inductions T6 S484/Jake's Stage 4 4L80E with D3 Brake/4WD.
    2023 Durango Hellcat

Tuner in Training
    Thanks found that.
    What I need to know is when is the pin 15 enabled rpm or time and does it get disabled at high rpm like a/c compressor.
    I need to add a module to start 30 seconds after engine start or 500 rpm and stay enabled till engine stutdown.
    any idears would be great.

Senior Tuner
    Use a relay and switch the air pump logic? I think you'd need to request HPTuners add some more parameters. There are parameters in the PCM that control air pump on time, which is a max it can run for...you could set that to your 30 seconds, startup delay, you'd keep that set to 0, coolant temp disable...you'd set this to the minimum...engine temp has to be above it to enable the output, rpm disable...set that above your rev limiter.

Now use that to switch a relay...since it will be on when you start the engine, you want it to switch a normally closed relay to normally open, where the relay is switching ignition voltage. When the 30 second delay expires (and the PCM thinks it's turning off the air pump), that relay will then go back to closed, thus applying 12 volts to your module...or use it to switch 5 volts...or whatever voltage source you want it to switch.

I can do it with EFILive, so I know the parameters are there...but I don't see them in HPTuners, I only see the coolant temp disable parameter.
    2010 Camaro SS M6. Stock Bottom End, Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust.
    2005 Silverado RCSB. Forged 370 LQ9/Borg-Forced Inductions T6 S484/Jake's Stage 4 4L80E with D3 Brake/4WD.
    2023 Durango Hellcat

Tuner in Training
    Ok thanks I will have a look I have EFILive as well so all good there.