Thread: Download list of all make and model of car parameters for computer.

Download list of all make and model of car parameters for computer.

We were at Ls fest this year and left our laptop at home. The ecm we use on our 6.0 rail is from a 01 silverado truck. We were having a misfire issue so we went over to the hp tuners tent and had him hook up to the rail car. He went into a folder on his computer that had a list of about every vehicle that hp can read. When he selected the vehicle for the computer we had it loaded the tables and charts and all that good stuff. I was curious where this might have come from or if he created it all, or if i might be able to get my hands on it.

I think you're talking about VCM Editor.

He likely just opened up a file that he read from your vehicle, or a file he already read from another vehicle that was similar.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

No the editor was not open. He was only scanning. He was only looking for misfires. He went to File - Open Config.

VCM Scanner comes with a few default configs. Tuners also often build their own libraries.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

This may have been the deal they may have all been custom configs. But i bet there were over 100 folders. This person was running the HP tuners tent at LS fest this is the reason i asked.