Thread: Copperhead Base Fuel question.

Copperhead Base Fuel question.

I'm looking at Base Fuel under the Open Loop/Closed Loop tab and I see the Fuel Base Cold tab. The description at the bottom of the window says that it's the base open loop fuel table in relation to ECT.

Then I read down to Enable ECT, Disable ECT and Enable Time and they make mention of a Base Fuel table. I see tables for Fuel Base Cold but not just a Base Fuel table. Where is this table located or is there one?

Quote Originally Posted by Blazin72 View Post
    I'm looking at Base Fuel under the Open Loop/Closed Loop tab and I see the Fuel Base Cold tab. The description at the bottom of the window says that it's the base open loop fuel table in relation to ECT.

Then I read down to Enable ECT, Disable ECT and Enable Time and they make mention of a Base Fuel table. I see tables for Fuel Base Cold but not just a Base Fuel table. Where is this table located or is there one?
    Kinda confusing, and I should probably adjust the descriptions. These parameters are leftovers from the earlier PCMs. The Copperhead only uses the Base Fuel Cold table when it is in open loop (right after startup generally). Once the conditions are met for it to go closed loop (Delay time, and O2 Sensor temp) it no longer looks at the Base Fuel table for anything.

A lot of times, parameters are left over from previous strategies and aren't used. Like the 4x4L shift schedules in the Mustang.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Thank you very much.