Thread: s256 + E47 : Looking for some suggestions and criticism with tune

s256 + E47 : Looking for some suggestions and criticism with tune

So I have been experimenting with my 256 kit I just put on a few weeks back. Trying to push the limits and see what everything can handle.

Current setup:
    Gen 3 LDK
    zzp s256 kit
    3" MPX exhaust
    KY stage 3 clutch
    Stock valvetrain, head and trans

After I find my limits here I plan to add zzp stage 1 cams, valve springs and possibly a port injection solution if need be.

Currently on E47 and 24 psi: I am having no KR, my duty cycle is showing 39% and my injectors showing 7.2 max when full spool is hit. Car is solid, no breaking up fueling is spot on at .88 lamda to redline and 24* timing.

One of my questions is at what point does injector misfire start happening? I know there's a thread or posts about it but I can't find it again and really don't feel like looking for it anymore lol Also, even though duty cycle shows 39% I feel that number should be way higher. I know for a fact I dont have that much more fueling with this stock fuel system running E47 and a 256 turbo. Any insight on that, should that be a trusted value?

Now keep in mind the tune is still a work in progress, still some cam table changes I need to make. But for now I feel I am making a decent start at this.

What do you guys think of the zzp ported head combo? Is it worth the cost? I know porting this head isn't the same as doing other heads, but would it be a more reasonable option to send it to someone to just get ported (provided they know about this platform that is)?

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    zzp basically cleaned up the runners with a few other changes. the combo together is a good safe upgrade but if you want full head porting benefit i would talk to FMSR Performance.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

sorry i didn't address that fully..

injector miss will can show up between 6.6 and 7.6 depends on a multitude of settings.
    E47 doesn't hit the puddling missfire as low as full e85 does, your numbers are following the standard trend so far. keep going
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

How can I tell when the fueling starts to run out? Will it be as simple as not being able to command the .88 lamda or will there be obvious signs I'm not getting the fuel? For instance the injector misfires.

That injector duty cycle sensor just seems off to me. But maybe I'm just being too cautious about it lol

The misfire is more from inefficient spray so when your pulling there will be a rich dip followed by a lean rise. As fuel fails to ignite then gets over corrected for by the computer.

Advanced Tuner
    It's not always misfires that signal you're out of fuel. Log commanded fuel pressure and actual fuel pressure. If the two ever deviate during a wide open throttle pull, you're out of fuel. In some cases, you can guy a little head room by advancing the injector timing in the highest load column, but more often, you'd have to tune down the boost a bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by ovenroastedlnf View Post
    How can I tell when the fueling starts to run out? Will it be as simple as not being able to command the .88 lamda or will there be obvious signs I'm not getting the fuel? For instance the injector misfires.

That injector duty cycle sensor just seems off to me. But maybe I'm just being too cautious about it lol
    2013 Cruze Eco - CAI, Catless DP, Catless MP, ZZP FMIC, Ported Intake Manifold, Mild tune (17psi), best 43.5mpg, 175ftlbs (pid)

2008 Solstice GXP - ZFR 6758, catless, AEM stage 1 water/methanol injection, Hahn Racecraft Intercooler, solo street race cat back, LE5 throttle body - 307whp on a dyno dynamics (stock turbo numbers), 100 octane EFR6758 numbers - 463whp/454wtq

I am logging both already and I haven't notice any diviation between the two so far. Bumping up to 26psi today, so we'll see how it handles it. If still good maybe 27-28psi, but we'll see how 26 does first. haha