Thread: E38 transmission Shift air flow questions

Tuner in Training

E38 transmission Shift air flow questions

Hi all,

I have been having a hard time getting my idle to the point where I want it, its almost there but one problem I cant sort out is it wants to stall shifting from drive/reverse into park/netural.

Vehicle is a 2013 HSV Gen F Clubsport LS3/6L80e, with a 225In 232ex cam on a 112.5 LSA, circle d 3500rpm converter, OTR And full exhaust.

In the attached log, the transmission shift air flow/drive table adds 1.3g/sec of airflow as I shift form park to netural, and the trans shift airflow P/N takes away 1.3g/sec of airflow when I shift to park. That airflow reduction drops the rpm right down and it wants to stall. U can see this in the log as idle base final airflow in the table and the chart. Setting that P/N table to zeros helps, but for some reason my car wants airflow added on the shift to park.

I have my final airflow table set to the point where I get the least amount of adaption timing, its about as good as I can get it, (I might be out of talent with this car, its been a very steep learing curve the last few weeks, but im getting there....).

Has the brains trust on here got any pointers they can share?

I have attached my current tune(be gentle), my stock tune and a short log showing whats going on.

Cheers
    Steve
    29-9-14 idle stall log.hpl

current tune idle in progress.hpt

2013 325 clubsport first read.hpt
    02 BA XR6T, Crow Race Valve springs, centre muffler removed, 60lb siemens and stage 2 PW cooler+UB intake, 307RWKW at 12psi. SOLD

99 Nissan Patrol, l77 ls2 + 6L80 swap SOLD

2013 Gen-F HSV Clubsport R8 - Work in progress

Potential Tuner
    Did you ever resolve this? I am in the exact same place...

Advanced Tuner
    oost your log and file as there are many things and limiters that may be contributing, nut...

idle trans P/N transition. make the value smaller to reduce airflow subtracted when shifting to P/N

also turn off all "garage shift" torque management as that can cause you issues too.