Thread: Did hp tuner ever support lean cruse

Tuner in Training

Did hp tuner ever support lean cruse

just wanted to no before I buy

di

Tuner in Training
    and if I have somebody with efi live tunes lean cruise, can I mod the tune with hp tuners

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanb View Post
    and if I have somebody with efi live tunes lean cruise, can I mod the tune with hp tuners
    No for your first question and yes to the second.

Advanced Tuner
    I leaned out the KPAsin my VE table in my cruise area , but its nothing like the lean cruise option in EFI live .

Tuner in Training
    It depends on the vehicle you are tuning, lean cruise is an option on the 2004 GTO.
    2004 Phantom Black A4 GTO - Flowmaster catback, Dynatech LT's,Cat delete, Vinci 099 Cam 232*/240* .551"/.551" 117 LSA,Performabuilt Level 2 4L60E, Performabuilt 3K Stall, B&M Tranny Cooler, SLP Line Lock, Nitto DR's, '05 GTO Front Brakes
    Procharger P1SC, Siemens 60# injectors

Quote Originally Posted by Black04A4 View Post
    It depends on the vehicle you are tuning, lean cruise is an option on the 2004 GTO.
    In USA Vehicles, Lean Cruise is Illegal
    if you have a Holden Commodore(Austrailian GTO) it works as they do not have the same emissions laws

lean cruise works by commanding a leaner than stoic AFR, which increases emission gasses....henceforth, Illegal in the USA

with that being said....
    the tables exist in many vehicles..they are just disabled by hard coding in the US vehicles

for legal reasons.. I will not get into exactly how to Circumvent the Hard Coded bits that keep lean cruise from working...
    but it is possible(by editing the raw binary file in Hex) to make it work again.

this is all I will say on this...and I'm locking this thread
    -Scott -