Thread: Raptor SVT 6.2L Remap for intake restrictor

Raptor SVT 6.2L Remap for intake restrictor

Hello
    We are preparing Ford Raptor SVT for Rally Raid in Europe. The FIA regulations over here put restrictor (36 fucking_mm) on the intake to decrease power for safety (Yes, I know... F..K!)

Can I remap the factory computer to be able to run with this poor air? How you suggest to proceed?

Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Acerni View Post
    Hello
    We are preparing Ford Raptor SVT for Rally Raid in Europe. The FIA regulations over here put restrictor (36 fucking_mm) on the intake to decrease power for safety (Yes, I know... F..K!)

Can I remap the factory computer to be able to run with this poor air? How you suggest to proceed?

Thanks in advance
    What? Post pics!

You can tune it with our software and gain power, but I'd recommend removing that if you can.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Eric
    Remove what? the restrictor?

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    i assume there is a restrictor in the actual intake tune that you are speaking of?
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

The vehicle is now in factory conditions, no modifications. Following the FIA Regulations for Cross country rally, we have to reduce the factory air inlet diameter to 36mm. Obviously this will decrease the quantity of air that arrive to the engine. We have to modify the fuel system to match the new poor air conditions. Probably new injectors with less flow must be installed but my question is: Can I use the factory PCM and flash it like a programmable computer? What you suggest to proceed?

You can use our software to reflash it and change most anything you want. You do not need to change the injectors though. With the restrictor in place, there will be less airflow, and the PCM will adjust for that automatically.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by Eric@HPTuners View Post
    You can use our software to reflash it and change most anything you want. You do not need to change the injectors though. With the restrictor in place, there will be less airflow, and the PCM will adjust for that automatically.
    You think the PCM will adjust automatically without reflash?

Quote Originally Posted by Acerni View Post
    You think the PCM will adjust automatically without reflash?
    Yes
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Potential Tuner
    Also from what I can gather from what Eric is saying. Y ou can get some of that power back b retuning with HPT.