Quote Originally Posted by gmtech16450yz View Post
Switching to a blow through MAF on an LNF will give you the absolute smoothest and quickest responding airflow readings, but like anything else it has to be done correctly. Think about it, does it make sense to get airflow readings in an air cleaner that's about 10 feet of tubing, an intercooler and a turbo away from the actual intake? On quick transients the readings are so far behind what's actually happening in the intake that it will cause surging and poor mixture control.

Here's some pics of mine if you need an idea on how to build yours properly. Yes, if it's too deep in the pipe it will cause issues.

http://s841.photobucket.com/user/j16...?sort=3&page=1

BTW oldskool, DEAD ON with what you said about spark blowout. On the LNF's specifically, I'd say 99% of the guys that say they have "spark blowout" actually have injection window misfires. I made my ~500whp/500wtq on stock plugs at stock gap in my LNF.
I recently purchased HP Tuners and joined this forum. After reading thru many threads, I have to thank you for the vast knowledge and help you have provided. I am, however, currently having trouble with my HP Tuner and would appreciate if you could assist me.