Thread: Would you buy HPTUNERS again?

Potential Tuner

Would you buy HPTUNERS again?

Hi Guys, a noob here! Just what everyone wants lol!

I have a 1999 Chevy S10 Xtreme 4.3litre 5spd. Marine intake manifold, syty exhaust manifolds, 50lb injectors, downpipe, upgraded 20g turbo, and all parts are on order or sitting in storage!
    Once all the parts arrive (all the parts lol, there will be so many more parts I am not even aware of yet) I would like to start installing them but whats the point without tuning software?

I have no software to tune with! Would you guys recommend HPTUNERS? If you dont want to answer that on a open forum you can pm me or email me at [email protected] . It seems like the go to program but figured I would ask the guys in the know! Maybe its great software but not for my application. Maybe I should change my computer out before I even start?

Gonna cost me $700shipped for the software. Not a small bill for anyone. Yet if you have read the above you should be aware alot of money has been spent already. I need software that works, preferably easy to learn and use, but I have no issues reading.

My job is as a CNC waterjet operator , 2 days training, within two months I was programming these machines with no training. Owner of the company wanted to know who my trainer was, I handed him the machines manual and he laughed. Saying you cant learn how to program by reading the manual! For the next three months he tested my programming knowledge. After 8 months the programming office has 4 programmers, 3 currently being trained by me how to program a waterjet and use its software.

I am not scared to learn. If I can read and use the search function will this program do what I need it to do. Timing, add or subtract fuel where I need to, handle emission control systems etc?

Thanks for the advice guys. Promise I wont post questions again for atleast three months lol! Unless asked a question!

Senior Tuner
    Support for the 99 black box pcm is lacking. You will not have all the parameters required to make your setup work. However if you switch to a 2001/2002 s10 harness and pcm, the 0411, it works the same as all the 99 up ls1 v8 stuff. You will have all the access you need to fully tune your setup. Dont believe you will have any regrets if you go this route.