Thread: Pls Help.. New Cam in 09 G8 GT driving me crazy

Potential Tuner

Pls Help.. New Cam in 09 G8 GT driving me crazy

The Tune works great except for Idling. It seems that the idle is dropping to low then tries to over correct, so it does some hunting before it will settle back down. Can someone more knowing than I please take a look and tell me what I am doing wrong? Thanks
    This is a mild cam 221/225 .558/.564 112+0
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    Try changing Dynamic Airflow High RPM Disable to 500 and High RPM Re-enable to 400

Tuner in Training

Your idle airflow may just be a little low. There is a thread here "About to throw in the towel trying to nail down idle" that has the procedure for adjusting. A few other items. Your MAF scaling seems very lean in areas. What intake do you have? I compared to my Vararam tune. Also, your main high octane timing table has too much advance in low RPM, low load areas. Try reduing by 10* and blend into the surrounding areas.

What are your other mods?
    09 G8 GT- 224/234 114 cam, 3200 stall, 3.45 gears, Vararam, 1 7/8" headers, 3" exhaust, HSW nitrous

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyra View Post
    Yes, but that does not deal with Cams.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by blkscooby View Post
    Your idle airflow may just be a little low. There is a thread here "About to throw in the towel trying to nail down idle" that has the procedure for adjusting. A few other items. Your MAF scaling seems very lean in areas. What intake do you have? I compared to my Vararam tune. Also, your main high octane timing table has too much advance in low RPM, low load areas. Try reduing by 10* and blend into the surrounding areas.

What are your other mods?
    I will make a few more adjustments and see how that works.
    The MAF was dialed in using STFT from 2800 to 7200Hz and a LM-2 for WOT
    Vararam
    160* stat
    Cam
    Milled Heads 11:1
    backcut intake valves
    1 7/8 mid Hooks w/ highflows
    Xpipe
    Solo axle backs

You have similar mods to.mine, see my Sig. I didn't look at your trans tune yet but you may also want to disable CT downshift torque mgmt in Trans/Tq Mgmt.

Advanced Tuner
    There's a good idle airflow video kicken around YouTube . I think it's from a ls2 vette but it will help you out . Helped me tremendously .

Potential Tuner
    Thanks for the help guys... I found the issue in the idle airflow that the other tuner left for find and now it is good.

Good to hear

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by blkscooby View Post
    Good to hear
    Spoke to soon. I have the idle dialed-in to what seems to work, but sometimes and not all the time, it be just sitting there idling and then lose it's mind. It will start hurting again until it dies. Not sure why it is doing this. And it only does this in neutral.
    Last edited by jeffh91; 09-30-2014 at 02:19 PM.

Potential Tuner
    Now I am @ 3* over stock on the base spark and it seems do be doing better. I going to add 1* more to it. What is your base spark set to blkscooby?