Thread: Adding parameters to tune?

Tuner in Training

Please delete

Please delete
    Last edited by Dblake; 09-26-2014 at 10:14 AM.

Tuner
    The 08 cobalt ss uses a bosch controller (E69 i think), it has variable cams, direct injection, etc, and (i'm pretty sure) Bosch proprietary software. Therefore, the hardware is different, the software is different, I would not try it. Best case scenario it just doesn't flash, worst cast scenario you "brick" your controller.

Disclaimer: I am new at this whole "tuning" thing, therefore take what I say with a grain of salt and get at least one more opinion from someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by TurboCobalt View Post
    The 08 cobalt ss uses a bosch controller (E69 i think), it has variable cams, direct injection, etc, and (i'm pretty sure) Bosch proprietary software. Therefore, the hardware is different, the software is different, I would not try it. Best case scenario it just doesn't flash, worst cast scenario you "brick" your controller.

Disclaimer: I am new at this whole "tuning" thing, therefore take what I say with a grain of salt and get at least one more opinion from someone else.
    This is true. You'll brick the controller and probably smash all your windows in a rage.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks guys! I will just have to use the 2.4 software and build a turbo tune off of that.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    the 2.4 works fine under boost. you will most likely end up scaling a few tables to allow wot data to fall on a plot-able field, but other than that it runs boost just fine. The 08 ss motor is direct injection, your engine is multi-port. Big time no no to convert software without swapping motors completely.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman