Thread: Help with first FI tune (01 Trans Am D1SC)

Tuner in Training

Help with first FI tune (01 Trans Am D1SC)

I have an 01 trans am. Mods are lq4 bottom end, ls3 heads, ls3 intake, Cam specs are: 226/230 598/601 Lift. 114+3 LSA. Nick Williams 92 TB. ZR1 Map sensor. No MAF. D1sc procharger. FIC (80lb@3bar) 850cc ls3 injectors. I put in the injector data that I got from FIC. And I also updated the table for the zr1 map under Engine Diag>Airflow. I pulled the procharger piping going to the TB off today to crank it up on motor to make sure everything is good before tuning for boost. I tried cranking the car and it will not stay crunk at all. I have to have the TPS at around 20% or more before it will run. I was hoping someone could give me some insight on what I am not doing or what I missed. Bob at the tuning school say he is going to assist me on this also but he has been tied up tuning a new c7 for a magazine article.... I posted my current tune file. Couldn't even get it to idle to log it any....Also for what its worth I have an aeromotive boost reference fuel pressure regulator with return line
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner
    For starters look at your VE table. And your IFR table should have the same value in every cell with a return fuel system.

Tuner in Training
    So 92.4 all the way across? and do I do the same to the other tables using the injector data from FIC?

Senior Tuner
    Look at the injector tables 99-03 Gen 3 motor truck file for a comparison. Those had vacuum referenced regulators with returns. IFR and Offset vs Volts.

Tuner in Training
    Here is an updated tune regarding the fuel tables.....

2xLS1 said it in his first post in the thread. There is no VE in this file; that table is currently populated with the default values that are set when moving over to multi-bar OS's. It will not run like this, it's not even something you should try.

Copy your pre-custom OS VE (choose copy with labels) and past that chunk into your NEW VE. Take the 105kPa row and paste it to the VERY bottom of the table (max-boost). Highlight that row and multiply it by 1.25. Then, highlight the whole row at 105kPa and interpolate bewteen that row and max boost (use interpolate between horizontal in the table's buttons). That's not "what it needs", but it should be close enough to get it to crank. Tune from there.
    Steve Williams
    TunedbyFrost.com

Tuner in Training
    I fixed the tune before I loaded it up the last time I messed with it. I uploaded the current tune I have on their now. Waiting on another set of valve covers to get here tomorrow so I can do some better logging and get this squared away because the ones I had where leaking(ls3 heads). It cranks right up and idles now but when I rev it the rpms drop down to around 5-650 or so