Thread: 2008 g8 - hptuners scanner causing major issues.

2008 g8 - hptuners scanner causing major issues.

I've had hptuners for maybe 5 years or so but never had any real issues. Today I started my car, plugged hptuners into the obdii plug and the ses light came on. When this happened the car started running a little rough and the tach would bounce from 0 to 600. The car remained running, rough, but the tach was usually at 0. I tried to connect to read the codes but the program stated that there was no power and the key needed to be in the "run" position.

When I would unplug the obdii plug the issue cleared up but immediately returned when I plugged it in, I never actually "connected" to the car to start the scan.

I grabbed another scanner and read a code of p0700 - trans control system error and u0073 - control mod combus off. After clearing these codes I restarted hptuners and re plugged the module into my laptop then the car; it now, finally, connected and started scanning.

After driving for about 15 minutes the car had a major hiccup and started running rough again. Since I was scanning with hptuners I scanned a code of p2135 - throttle pedal position sens/sw a/b voltage correlation. While driving I cleared the code but it came right back. Tps was now stuck at 27% and the car was in limp home mode / reduced power mode and was not capable of going faster than about 27 mph while running very rough. I unplugged hptuners, cleared the code with my other scanner and I drove for 60 minutes after this without issue, without hptuners.

Hptuners is clearly causing some issue with the data bus communication. Anyone have any experience with this?
    2008 G8 GT / TVS1900 /2.9 pulley / LS9 Injectors/ LS9 Cam / Catback / Intake

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    replace your cable and unit. support can transfer all your data and licenses
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Quote Originally Posted by SultanHassanMasTuning View Post
    replace your cable and unit. support can transfer all your data and licenses
    I suppose I would have to call them...not sure what the warranty is but I'm sure it's expired. I've bought at least 20-24 extra credits over the years though.
    2008 G8 GT / TVS1900 /2.9 pulley / LS9 Injectors/ LS9 Cam / Catback / Intake