Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Ghost cam issues - 13 mustang GT

Not if the knock sensors switch is off in the tune.

Quote Originally Posted by 69redmach1 View Post
    Not if the knock sensors switch is off in the tune.
    So I should email support about turning them on?
    2013 Roush stage 3
    Pypes cat delete
    Tuned by me.

Quote Originally Posted by TuneRS View Post
    So I should email support about turning them on?
    no, just look at the knock sensor settings in your tune and change them if you need to.

Quote Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
    no, just look at the knock sensor settings in your tune and change them if you need to.
    Sensors were set to 0, changed to 2, no change on scanner, car acts as if they are not equipped.
    2013 Roush stage 3
    Pypes cat delete
    Tuned by me.

Sensors were set to 0, changed to 2, no change on scanner, car acts as if they are not equipped.
    look in the knock sensor tab under spark, not the general tab.

Tuner in Training
    Any updates on how to fix the idle surging to 500 rpm and then back up to 800-1000?
    Try this..... http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...l=1#post400560

Just to stir the pot some more on this, I increased the torq-inverse torq values at idle range and the idle is much more robust at recovering from a dip as when you let out the clutch without applying throttle. I'm just experimenting but a side affect is I get really high IPC error during idle. Like bouncing between 0 and >300
    2019 C7 Stingray M7 - long tube headers, 6.30/6.22 226/238 cam, supporting stuff, DOD and VVT delete.
    Stock everything else

Quote Originally Posted by GapRider View Post
    Just to stir the pot some more on this, I increased the torq-inverse torq values at idle range and the idle is much more robust at recovering from a dip as when you let out the clutch without applying throttle. I'm just experimenting but a side affect is I get really high IPC error during idle. Like bouncing between 0 and >300
    About how much? Im having a idle stumble that on occasion will cause knock if i blip the throttle, any idea's? Ie: car is idling, hard blip throttle, it stumbles with knock unless i ease the throttle before smashing it. Is this the cams not reacting quick enough?

On another note, I found by zeroing out all my best drivabilty tables in all load ranges up to 1000 rpm helped alittle with stability. Ill post more when im near my laptop.
    2013 Roush stage 3
    Pypes cat delete
    Tuned by me.

About how much? Im having a idle stumble that on occasion will cause knock if i blip the throttle, any idea's? Ie: car is idling, hard blip throttle, it stumbles with knock unless i ease the throttle before smashing it. Is this the cams not reacting quick enough?

On another note, I found by zeroing out all my best drivabilty tables in all load ranges up to 1000 rpm helped alittle with stability. Ill post more when im near my laptop.
    These are the tables I made changes in:

• Torq/Inv Torq(first 5 cells in the 550 RPM columns)
    • idle airflow (500-900 RPM)
    • idle spark (180*,200*) and idle spark min -5*

but remember I'm just experimenting and don't think the IPC error I get with these parameters is going to be OK to leave without fixing.
    2019 C7 Stingray M7 - long tube headers, 6.30/6.22 226/238 cam, supporting stuff, DOD and VVT delete.
    Stock everything else

These are the tables I made changes in:

• Torq/Inv Torq(first 5 cells in the 550 RPM columns)
    • idle airflow (500-900 RPM)
    • idle spark (180*,200*) and idle spark min -5*

but remember I'm just experimenting and don't think the IPC error I get with these parameters is going to be OK to leave without fixing.
    I am not totally aware of how torque/inverse tables function at this point but im interested in what you find.
    Would zeroing out all load ranges up to .50 up to1000 rpm in optimal stability have any positive affect?
    2013 Roush stage 3
    Pypes cat delete
    Tuned by me.

I am not totally aware of how torque/inverse tables function at this point but im interested in what you find.
    Would zeroing out all load ranges up to .50 up to1000 rpm in optimal stability have any positive affect?
    I changed those torq tables in an attempt at keeping the ECU happy so it would stay in MP0 during the cam idle. Previous to changing them the car would jump out of MP0 to where it was in no man's land with MP's distribution low across the board and cam timing going back to 0/0, BUT I get really high IPC errors at idle.
    What I'm going try next is to find an existing MP with similar cam angles to -40/15 which I run at MP0 for the cam tune and fudge it's torq/InvTorq and speed density numbers into MP0. I'm still just experimenting and don't have a ready for prime time cam tune.

I changed those torq tables in an attempt at keeping the ECU happy so it would stay in MP0 during the cam idle. Previous to changing them the car would jump out of MP0 to where it was in no man's land with MP's distribution low across the board and cam timing going back to 0/0, BUT I get really high IPC errors at idle.
    What I'm going try next is to find an existing MP with similar cam angles to -40/15 which I run at MP0 for the cam tune and fudge it's torq/InvTorq and speed density numbers into MP0. I'm still just experimenting and don't have a ready for prime time cam tune.
    Same, ill postva log of mine and show what all ive done, maybe itll help you, maybe not. Mines steady and consistent other than that stumble i mentioned above.
    2013 Roush stage 3
    Pypes cat delete
    Tuned by me.

Potential Tuner
    i wont tune for v6 -__-

What is different from a stick to auto with ghost cam?

Quote Originally Posted by ghostofnyc View Post
    What is different from a stick to auto with ghost cam?
    I don't know enough to answer that, I've heard you need to do the throttle blip before putting in gear with the autos to so that transition doesn't happen when you drop it in drive and cause it to stall
    Stock everything else

I don't know enough to answer that, I've heard you need to do the throttle blip before putting in gear with the autos to so that transition doesn't happen when you drop it in drive and cause it to stall
    ok thanks

Potential Tuner
    Anyone know where I should start to tune a "ghost cam" tune on a F150? I do not know enough on the Ford tuning. Here is a copy of the file. Thanks in advance for any help.

MRBOB TUNE 1.hpt

Tuner in Training
    I try this on my car it works good for 20-30 sec then idle normal any idea?

Eric, I was hoping someone who has a good cam tune might post up. I have the same issue as you. Car is not happy to stay in mapped point 0 and jumps out after emission reduction times out. I've tried all sorts of stuff but haven't hit on the fix.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by toyoguru View Post
    Anyone interested can PM me and Ill send you a PDF I put together on the basics of the cam tune, file is to large to upload directly to the site (376kb). I hurried through it so hopefully I got all the steps, as its been a while since I have done one.

EDIT: Try the link, its a free upload site, just have to ignore/close the "Flash player may need to be updated" advertisement pop up thing.

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php...56914753653287

Can you send me the PDF file for ghost cam