Thread: Please help! Can anyone see why it's shifting early?

Please help! Can anyone see why it's shifting early?

As you can see in the log the car shifts at 6422 @ 44 mph. I have the MPH tables zero'd out at wot. It should shift at 6800 as commanded. I'm going to log the commanded gear next time but I dont understand why it's shifting early? Also when it shifts it's either going straight to the next gear or it's locking up the converter. To me it feels like it's locking up the converter. Which you can see by the bump in RPM after the shift followed by a dramatic drop in RPM. This also makes it take forever to recover making for a very slow run.

I've attached a copy of the log and the tune. Can anyone see a reason why it's doing this?

md2ndfull.hpl
    Chuckstunelast.hpt

Tuner in Training
    Since no one else is saying anything - and I may be way off here - but when I look at it, it all goes so fast. I'm pretty sure if you log less values, the ones you do log update quicker. It's a little over .2 seconds between the updates at the 1/2 shift - any chance it actually went to 6800? Also I did notice your 1/2 shifted at 70 km/h at call it 6400 - and in theory, in second gear, it was showing you at 170 km/h at 5100 rpm, giving you either one heck of a reduced second gear, a pile of slippage in 1st, or any chance your "long shift" put you straight into 3rd?

For what it's worth, my stock tune (2002 chevy pu) shows a 1/2 shift when hot at 68 km/h, nearly exactly when yours shifted, despite your tables being set to 333.

What happens if you set your shift point to 7000 - same as your rpm cutoff? or 7500?

On another note, your first bank is running an average of 20% fuel trim, while your 2nd bank is averaging closer to zero. It also doesn't look like it goes into closed loop (starts oscillating) until after your run is complete. Any chance this has something to do with it?

Also are you at the track, or a dyno?

Your Intake air tempature is super high, until the end. It also almost looks like you did a burnout first. (hence me thinking track - but that doesn't explain 50' + celcius tempatures. Also in your "burnout" you hit 90 km/h at 4700 rpm, then on the track the same 4700 your only at 45 km/h. Is your torque slipping that much?

I'm more questions than answers I'm afriad.

What kind of converter and size is in this?