Thread: Tuning high load low rpm for drag racing?

Tuner in Training

Tuning high load low rpm for drag racing?

So, I was drag racing my t56 6L Hci car with a small cam, formerly an auto car on a 98 ls computer
    when i swapped the 4l60e out i put in a t56... i tossed the 98 computer and went 0411 02 camaro as a base...

I used to run 11.79 @ 117 or so with a 1.703 60 foot, now i am launching it at 4500 or so and only getting in around 12.1s @ 115 1.83 60 foot...

Anyways, my table isn't overly aggressive down low.. yes my tune is garbage.. and i can't drive.. but i wonder if there is more power in it down there or is this a fruitless task? I'm told that the higher the launch the

sept-3-idlecold-camrotationsetc.hptaug22-13-dutycycle.cfg

Here is a garbage can tune and config... I guess i'm mostly looking for people's thoughts on adding ignition advance at lower rpms.

Senior Tuner
    You have a log of the run to post? If your VE was fixed you could get away with some more timing from what I see so far. Do you have a maf code set?

It's hard to say without a scan to see what your cylinder airmass is below 2,400rpm.

Tuner in Training
    here ya go! a track run, sorry about the length... note my wideband is going through my AC input

6600 frames or so is where the fun starts!

i think this is the video.. you can see me ffff the shift up my speedo is out about 3-4 mph

http://youtu.be/n-SvRay8jq0?list=UUG...HBAaBmyNC0_TXQ

aug22track2.hpl

Tuner in Training
    i did a bunch of high low lower rpm tuning and the car is definitely working better... i am such a noob, apparently i wanted RTT and upgraded to the 1 bar os... i've since deleted the maf completely removed the maf sae pid and a few other things from the tune...
    .42 grams of air seemed a bit low... "now making 200 hp!" lol !

i will post some more logs later today..

any advice on which pids to log to see what might be removing timing? i still don't know if i'm getting the full amount of commanded timing. Are there a 'commanded advance' and 'actual advance' ? i looked and perhaps missed it