Thread: Emissions with sd tune ?

Advanced Tuner

Emissions with sd tune ?

What do I need to do to ensure i can pass emissions on my sd tune Tbss .

In my state they don do a sniffer test just plug into te obd2 .

Do I keep the maf ses checked or unchecked ?

Anything else I need to disable ?

Few Guys are telling me it won't pass , but I had a speed density tune done by a tuner on my 06 ctsv and it passed .

Senior Tuner
    Depending on your state laws, you may be able to pass emissions with 1 code... On some older stuff it was 2 codes.

You need the code to be there for it to run in SD, but if your MAF is present, why not just enable it for your test? If your MAF isn't there, it won't run without the code.

Advanced Tuner
    My MAF is not present , and I have a 2.5 bar enhancement .

I know in my area your alowed to have 2 sensors not ready .

I'm just not sure if I should leave ses enabled or disabled .

In order for it to be SD the MAF has to be failed and show codes. Not sure how your state is, but mine if you have ANY code show up you will fail. So far I haven't been able to figure out how to make it be SD but also have no codes shown, because if I go and disable those from showing up the car doesn't run.

I just put on my stock MAF and re-tune for the inspection sticker, then take it right off for the rest of the year.

The readiness statuses are completely different from the codes.

Advanced Tuner
    Ya I guess I might try that , I know guys have passed before in sd and I have personally .

Codes are not allowed in my state but your allowed to have 2 sensors " not ready "