Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Central Florida Tuners

Central Florida Tuners

Giving up trying to tune this and want to know if there is a local shop around Orlando that can get this truck running good.

2006 Escalade LMM Duramax Tuned
    2000 S10 Twin Turbo 6.0L
    56 GMC 100 Status Unknown

Advanced Tuner
    What type of truck?

There are a number of tuners who work in the area between Orlando and Tampa, some travel to various dyno shops. I can think of two in the Tampa area; Jeremy Formato (who travels) who charges $500 for a complete tune (that may only be for N/A) or $150 for a WOT tune, plus dyno rental time, and Tampa Tuning (who doesn't travel that I'm aware) is less expensive. In the immediate Orlando area you have Next level Performance in Altamonte Springs who charges $500 for a complete tune (may be more for non-N/A) and one other guy I've heard of that does work professionally but I would have to ask a common friend how to contact him. There are other dyno shops in the area but I don't know how many offer tuning services, or for which brands/vehicles.
    Last edited by JimMueller; 09-17-2014 at 08:28 PM.
    1998 NBM Camaro Z28
    LS3 motor
    Mod list

its an 06 Escalade 6.0 that we installed an 80mm turbo setup and have been fighting with the tune for around a month on and off. I will look into them and make a final decision by end of next week. Thank You

2000 S10 Twin Turbo 6.0L

Senior Tuner
    Giving up? Looked like you were well on your way. Whats the issue?

I went to the 2 bar OS and failed the MAF so as to keep the stock IAT until I mount the new sensor and the truck starts then goes to 1.45 lambda then stalls. For the life of me I can not get it to idle or run on 2 bar without the MAF.

Senior Tuner
    Post a tune, as well as the sensor part number. Im steping out now, but will look in later.

The READY name file is the one that runs good with the MAF enable but has stalling issue at certain low RPM off throttle which I believe is do to the MAF, not a big deal. The TUNING name is where I am trying to start tuning for the 2 bar setup and will start and seem okay for about 10-15 seconds then dead lean and stall. The MAP I installed is AC Delco 213-1631 (GM 12615136). Thanks

2000 S10 Twin Turbo 6.0L

Senior Tuner
    So l am making the same changes for you again that I did last time.........have a look at whats changed so you know. I did a few extra things to timing and pe to get you started. Your check engine light will come on and stay on. LEAVE P0101 102 103 SET THE WAY I HAVE THEM!!!!!! When your done tuning uncheck the ses boxes beside each one but leave them at current setting, that will shut light off but keep you in sd. I have turned closed loop back. Your a rookie, dont go it alone. The pcm can make corrections for you and you can use the fuel trims. The wideband data is used when you go open loop, does not have to open loop all the time.

You may need to feather the throttle to keep it running until the check engine light comes on, then it will be fine.

Potential Tuner
    There is also Justin Starkey of VMP tuning in central Fl. He's mostly Fords and SCT but i'm pretty sure he does HP Tuners also..

I Thank you again mechanicman, I re-watched Greg's first DVD and followed the steps again but so where you enable closed loop and I disabled. Did the MAP settings look right and the P0106 table look to be in line. At first I couldn't even get the truck past 1/4 throttle without throwing reduced power, it took me a bit to figure out that table was in the dtc area. I will get back today and see what happens and let you know. Once again tremendous Thank You!

2000 S10 Twin Turbo 6.0L

Here is a quick log I tried, I think the PE and or BE is coming in to fast, it falls flat and rich like .65 around 1/4 throttleish.

2000 S10 Twin Turbo 6.0L

Senior Tuner
    Your config is kinda useless. In the tune I turned on ltft, turn it off but leave closed loop on. Delete both ltft from config as well as Fuel Trim cell, both iac, idle adapt, and calculated load.

Add AFR commanded high res. As you have chosen to run in lambda you will have to build a custom lambda error display. Histogram 4 will plot your stft correction, you will have to ad your lambda error to a histogram and your off!

Is this config better and did I set the Lambda ERR in histogram 5 correct?

2000 S10 Twin Turbo 6.0L

Sorry I don't think that was right. This should be it.

2000 S10 Twin Turbo 6.0L

Senior Tuner
    Hard to see without a log, looks like your error histogram is ploting the wideband, needs to plot the error.

The string as I remember is 100*Aux (wideband user (commanded AFR)- or something like that, I followed the post in one of the threads

Senior Tuner
    run a quick log and see. Like I said does not show up same for me as you until there is data with it.

Please tell me this is correct. I did not log it with the MAF failed, mat be the reason the Histogram did not show error against MAP, looked like it did the error against MAF.

2000 S10 Twin Turbo 6.0L

Senior Tuner
    Custom stuff does not work for me, its normal for hpt. I cant tell you if its right or wrong.

Okay, in the histogram the string I entered is
    100*([AUX.20122]-[USER.9005])/[USER.9005]= WB-commanded lambda/commanded lambda
    I did a few searches and this was the norm for setup. The errors look correct as for what it says for commanded lambda and what it is reading through WB so that looked good but it was only reading across the 30 KPA row so I think it was plotting against the MAF. I didn't load the modded file as I was really trying to get the error histogram to work first. Hopefully it is right, we will see in the am.

2000 S10 Twin Turbo 6.0L